Book Promotions discussion

Anyone doubt their abilities as a writer?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 9 comments I am always in doubt of my abilities, but it is yet to stop me from writing :) I let the reader be the judge...

message 2: by M.W. (new)

M.W. Griffith (mwgriffith) | 4 comments Being critical or doubting of my own writing, I think, is something that helps or improves my later drafts.
I always write to please myself first.

message 3: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Brule (jrbrule) | 2 comments I have doubts about my writing every single day. I blogged about overcoming mental obstacles while writing fiction, but that doesn't lend any permanent solutions. To get my latest novel published, it took daily effort and persistence. Even now, getting it noticed requires that same effort, and writing the next one more still. But at least I have it out there now, and it serves as a reminder that I can do this writing thing.

Check out my book here, and sorry for the long link. http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Trap-J-R-B...

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenius05) | 7 comments This is weird. I don't doubt my talent as a writer, however I do get nervous about my manuscripts. I really want people to enjoy my books. So, it's not self-doubt so much as the same nerves that actors get just before going on stage.

message 5: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Freeman (gerryaldridge) | 19 comments We all doubt from time to time, but to be honest...noy very often. If we know we have taken on board advice and tried our best..I think we should be confident- Whether people like our stories is another matter I Don't Believe God Wrote The Biblelol

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Jen wrote: "This is weird. I don't doubt my talent as a writer, however I do get nervous about my manuscripts. I really want people to enjoy my books. So, it's not self-doubt so much as the same nerves that ac..."
I like the way you put that. That is truth.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenius05) | 7 comments Caroline wrote: "Jen wrote: "This is weird. I don't doubt my talent as a writer, however I do get nervous about my manuscripts. I really want people to enjoy my books. So, it's not self-doubt so much as the same ne..."

Having been an actor in high SChool, I know the feeling all too well, lol!

message 8: by B.r. (new)

B.r. Tracey (rufflife) | 6 comments I agree with what Jen wrote. It's all you about wanting people to enjoy what you've written.