Love Inspired Heartsong Presents discussion

The Lady's Rescuer
This topic is about The Lady's Rescuer
LI Heartsong Presents Author Q&A > January 26-28 Q&A with Lauralee Bliss

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Narelle (new)

Narelle (narelle_atkins) | 264 comments Welcome to our author Q&A with Lauralee Bliss.

Lauralee Bliss has always liked to dream big dreams. Part of that dream was writing, and her career began with small creative works as a teen just for fun. After several years of hard work, the dream of publishing was realized in 1997 with the publication of her first romance novel, Mountaintop, through Barbour Publishing. Since then, she's had over twenty books published, both historical and contemporary. Lauralee's desire is that readers will come away with both an entertaining story and a lesson that ministers to the heart.

Along with the dream of writing and publishing, Lauralee (also known as Blissful) is a noted Appalachian Trail hiker, having completed the trail both north and south, one of only a few women to have accomplished this feat.

Lauralee’s latest book, The Lady’s Rescuer, is a January 2015 release.

The Lady's Rescuer by Lauralee Bliss

JAKE HARRIS SAVES PEOPLE FROM THE SEA

But Englishwoman Olivia Madison’s no damsel in distress. A woman on a mission, she intrigues Jake with her feistiness and determination—even as her stubbornness causes rifts between his tight-knit brotherhood of seamen. But just what is in her precious cargo?

Olivia must sell her shipload of antiques to free her brother from an English debtor’s prison. But when her long journey ends in tragedy on North Carolina’s Outer Banks, she has nowhere to turn—except to the rugged man who fished her from the cold Atlantic. Can she prove that her purposes are honorable…and find true love with her rescuer?

Welcome, Lauralee! I’m opening the floor to our readers to ask questions and start our discussion.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 71 comments Oh I love the cover! Lighthouses & beach settings are always a good background for me!

What was the idea that sparked this story?

message 3: by Lauralee (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments Thank you so much for having me here to talk about The Lady's Rescuer. The idea for this story came from many enjoyable summers vacationing in the Outer Banks of NC. While there I learned about the lifesaving stations that saved many passengers whose ships wrecked in a dangerous area called the Diamond Shoals. That, coupled with the legends of pirates inhabiting the coves of this region long ago, led to the story idea.

message 4: by June (new)

June | 213 comments This does sound like a fun story. Looking forward to reading it! You've written quite a few books and I've enjoyed the ones I've read. I was curious which was your favorite to write and why?

Being from Utah, I have to admit your stories taking place in our grand state have been some of my favorites.

message 5: by Lauralee (last edited Jan 27, 2015 07:28AM) (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments Thanks, June! I do love to write about the places I have had the pleasure to visit. Utah was absolutely fabulous! I suppose my favorite title still is my very first book I had published with Heartsong - "Mountaintop" (which is now on Kindle, actually!). Though a bit outdated as it was published in 1997 (the Old Man of the Mountain featured on the cover actually fell in 2003) there is something special about seeing your very first book in print. That and it had to do with hiking in New Hampshire, which, if you read my bio, is quite a big passion of mine.

message 6: by Lauralee (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments I'd be interested to hear from readers of places you'd love to see written about!

message 7: by Melody (new)

Melody | 136 comments Love that cover too! I am a huge lighthouse fan!
I am also from Utah. I can't say I have ever read a non LDS novel set in Utah. Sounds like I need to check them out, June! Send me the titles if you would. :)
I love to read books from all places, I don't really have favorites. Fictional places and non fictional places I fall for if the storyline is good.
Just fun to read about your own state when places you know are in it, and you can nod and say yep! lol

message 8: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Melody wrote: "Love that cover too! I am a huge lighthouse fan!
I am also from Utah. I can't say I have ever read a non LDS novel set in Utah. Sounds like I need to check them out, June! Send me the titles if yo..."

Melody, there are three that I know of. You can read all three of them in the collection Red Rock Weddings (Romancing America, Utah). I've read them individually and enjoyed Heart of Mine and Love's Winding Path. I have Wasatch Love but haven't read it yet.

(2009-2010 was a crazy busy time of my life and I missed out on a lot of reading. I've been trying to get caught up on the HPs from those years).

message 9: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Lauralee wrote: "I'd be interested to hear from readers of places you'd love to see written about!"

I'm with Melody in that I like reading about all sorts of places. Sadly, I find I am more critical about accuracy if I know the place though. One author I read (not christian fiction) wrote a story that took place mostly in Utah and it bugged me that the towns she mentioned were farther apart than she was stating in the book. She was having these characters go from town A to town B in an hour when it was more like 3 hours apart. It was interesting how that bugged me just because I knew it was inaccurate.

message 10: by Lauralee (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments Melody wrote: "Love that cover too! I am a huge lighthouse fan!
I am also from Utah. I can't say I have ever read a non LDS novel set in Utah. Sounds like I need to check them out, June! Send me the titles if yo..."

I noticed the Utah paperback versions are on CBD. Including my one nonfiction one if you want to follow my Appalachian Trail adventure too! http://www.christianbook.com/Christia...

message 11: by Lauralee (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments June wrote: "Lauralee wrote: "I'd be interested to hear from readers of places you'd love to see written about!"

I'm with Melody in that I like reading about all sorts of places. Sadly, I find I am more critic..."

I do understand. One thing I really strive to do as an author is to be accurate in details with surroundings. Which means going to the actual place for research. For this lifesaving series, I visited the sites, including book two that comes out in June, Love's Daring Risk, which includes the Wright Brothers.

message 12: by Lauralee (new)

Lauralee Bliss (lauraleebliss) | 17 comments I've enjoyed being a guest here. Thanks for having me!

message 13: by K.d. (new)

K.d. Fleming (goodreadscomkd_fleming) | 25 comments Lauralee, I love the blurb of your story. Your book is in my TBR stack and I will get to it very soon. I can't wait.

message 14: by Melody (new)

Melody | 136 comments Thanks June! :)