The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

Books starting 25th January 2015 > Northern Lights by Philip Pullman

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Please discuss the book here :)

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) I have already read the series a couple of years ago, looking forward to other member's thoughts!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
Somehow this series has slipped through my net so far so I'm really looking forward to reading them.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) Happy reading, Jen, I hope you'll enjoy the books!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I've now read part one of the book and I'm really enjoying it. It's crammed with so much adventure! :)

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) I really liked the atmosphere of Oxford. It seemed like a vast, mazelike place where anything could happen, and alluding to the times of Jack the Ripper, when you would rather stay at home in the dark hours.

message 7: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) I've just started this last night and I'm not far through. I'm enjoying it but it's taking a while to get into definitely.

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I've just finished the book and really enjoyed it. I gave it 4 stars. I loved the world created by Philip Pullman so much that I've immediately started the next in the series The Subtle Knife. I have the 20th anniversary hardback editions of the trilogy and they are so nice :)

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) Wow, twenty years already? I'm getting old...

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 13, 2015 07:29AM) (new)

Started this last weekend and found it a little dull for about the first 50 pages...until (view spoiler) Quickly working through it now. Lots of mystery and I look forward to the upcoming adventure (currently on page 111).