Shut Up & Read discussion

Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 375} Tournament of Hearts (The Librarian Gladiator, #1) by Dustin Bilyk

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jan 26, 2015 09:15PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Tournament of Hearts (The Librarian Gladiator, #1)
Author: Dustin Bilyk
Genre: Fantasy
Formats Available: Mobi & Epub
Pages # 350
Review Due Date: February 16/2015

Synopsis:

Hamelin, a town separated from the rest of the world, has a deadly problem. Fierce, flying beasts ravage the countryside and cull the sparse human population, forcing the majority of Hamelin’s citizens to live within the safety of her boundaries for fear of being snatched away and torn into pieces. With no help in sight, the Town Council look to their gods for salvation and unearth a chilling answer to their problems.

The Tournament of Hearts – a much-celebrated, barbaric event that pits four gladiators against each other in deadly combat. Winning The Tournament brings rich rewards, fame and glory for one’s bloodline. Losing, however, results in a deadly trip to the Sacrificial Altar for you and all of those who share your blood: man, woman and child. The sacrifice is said to be a blood offering to the gods in payment for reprieve – a necessary evil for the greater good of all.

Neven Fairchild, adolescent town historian and librarian, is chosen by random draw to fight for the survival of his bloodline. Utterly inept at doing much other than reading and writing his histories, Neven must find the courage deep within himself to defeat his stronger opponents, for he discovers that much more than the lives of those he loves hangs in the balance. An evil lurks, waiting for its moment to deliver the death blow, and Neven is all that stands in its way, whether he likes it or not.

Be one of the first 15 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available: Mobi & Epub

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks.

Review Due Date: February 16/15

Leave us your Name, email address and format you require.

Reviewers

1. David B. Ross - rossdb@weblink1.co.za - mobi or epub
2. Opal - amazingphillipa@gmail.com - epub
3. Jaylie - iyaij-@hotmail.com - epub
4. Bassima - hilaryalisonswift@gmail.com -
5. Nicole - nleo079@gmail.com - epub
6. John - mjohn300@yahoo.com - Mobi
7. Abigail - abj1@lh247.com - mobi
8. Sarah - cat2002116@yahoo.com - mobi
9. Laine - k.mecher@gmail.com - epub
10. Sara - samodahl@gmail.com - mobi

message 2: by David (new)

David Ross (davidbross) Sounds good!
David B. Ross
rossdb@weblink1.co.za
mobi or epub
Thanks

message 3: by Jaylie (new)

Jaylie (iyaij) | 2 comments Jaylie
iyaij-@hotmail.com
Epub, please and thank you!

message 4: by Hopeless (new)

Hopeless Sky  (hopelessgirl) | 10 comments hilaryalisonswift@gmail.com
ebook please

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 6 comments Nicole: nleo079@gmail.com epub please :D Thanks!

message 6: by John (new)

John (jross00) | 44 comments mjohn300@yahoo.com
Mobi please and thanks

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

My email's abj1@lh247.com, and mobi please. Thanks!

message 8: by Sarah-Jayne (new)

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments Hi. I'd be interested in reading and reviewing a .mobi copy of this book. My e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah

message 9: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 17 comments Sounds great!! Laine k.mecher@gmail.com epub please.

message 10: by Dustin (last edited Jan 26, 2015 05:41PM) (new)

Dustin Bilyk | 23 comments Thank you all for your interest and enthusiasm! Looks like there's six more left!

Happy reading everyone :)

message 11: by Tana (new)

sent everyone an email. Let me know if you didn't receive a copy.

message 12: by Tana (new)

Still 6 copies available.

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara | 12 comments This sounds adorable and super interesting!! I'll take a copy!!
samodahl@gmail.com mobi please!

message 14: by Tana (new)

sent Sara an email

message 16: by David (new)

David Ross (davidbross) My review; highly recommended in spite of the editing flaws.

message 18: by Sarah-Jayne (new)

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments I've just finished reading this book and here are the links to my review:

Goodreads

Amazon UK

Amazon US

My Blog

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this book on Barnes and Noble.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this.

message 19: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Bilyk | 23 comments Thank you for your reviews everyone!

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 44 comments It took me a little bit longer to finish than I anticipated but here is my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...