Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 130k, Adult Contemporary Romance, ready for beta readers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (last edited Jan 27, 2015 05:25PM) (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Hello, Dear Beta Readers

I can't believe it's finally time for me to ask for beta readers, but my novel is nearly done! This is the 4th novel I've written, but the first one that I think is ready to go out into the world and be read. I will self-publish on KDP. I'm looking for beta readers to give me a well-rounded "reader" experience of the book- general thoughts and impressions. I already have a copy editor and proofreaders, so that's not needed (but spotting typos or mistakes is always welcome!). I expect the manuscript to be ready for distribution to beta readers in early February. I can send out Word documents or PDF files, and I'd be happy to consider other format requests as well. This is my first time to solicit beta readers, so I'm not sure how it works. Beta readers will be credited in the book, on my website and blog, etc...

If you're interested, or have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at dearmittens@outlook.com.

The kinds of things I'm hoping to get from a beta reader are:

- your overall impression of the book, the plot, the conflict, the major characters, sexual descriptions, etc...
- what you liked about the novel and what you hated about it (please, I welcome your frank honesty!!!)
- your recommendations for improvements
- spotting inconsistencies & plot mistakes
- the likeability of main characters
- what would you say about the book in an Amazon review if you'd just read it?

Below is some general information about the novel, to help you decide if you'd be interested in being a beta reader:

Title: It Must Be Love

Author: April Barnswell (pls e-mail me at: dearmittens@outlook.com)

Genre: Contemporary Adult Romance [all consensual sex, moderately erotic, no BDSM, one scene of violent physical attack (not sexual attack)]

Word Count: approx. 130,000 words (around 500 pages)

Setting: Chicago, Illinois

Cover blurb: Beth Jamison had a rough start in life after surviving a childhood abduction. Now fresh out of graduate school, Beth is settling in to her young adult life with a new job. But her traumatic past still haunts her, and she suffers from anxiety and issues with intimacy. After several failed romances, Beth fears she’ll never be able to have a healthy relationship.

Beth doesn't know it, but the man who kidnapped her has just been released early from prison. Beth’s brother, Tyler, has hired CEO Shane McIntyre’s company to protect Beth. With his money and good looks, Shane McIntyre has never been short on feminine company, but he’s never found "the one." When Shane meets Beth, the attraction between them is instant and intense. Shane falls hard for Beth, and he’s determined to do whatever it takes to keep her safe and earn her trust. But when Beth learns that Shane knows more about her past than he lets on, their fledgling relationship is sorely tested. A violent attack on Beth will put both Shane and their relationship to the test.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy James (biokmst) | 5 comments I have an adult historical romance that I finished also. Would you be interested in doing a beta-read trade, mine for yours? Let me know! biokmst1@gmail.com

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 24 comments I'm interested in beta reading for you. Your story sounds like something I would love to purchase while browsing for books. I think it will be a great fit. I've beta read for a little over twenty authors so far on goodreads and have loved every minute of it. Talking about and analyzing books, I can't think of a better hobby! You can message me or email at fillmybookshelf@yahoo.com if you are interested.

message 4: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Amanda wrote: "I'm interested in beta reading for you. Your story sounds like something I would love to purchase while browsing for books. I think it will be a great fit. I've beta read for a little over twent..."

Amanda, thank you so much!! I will e-mail you directly.

April B.

message 5: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Biokmst wrote: "I have an adult historical romance that I finished also. Would you be interested in doing a beta-read trade, mine for yours? Let me know! biokmst1@gmail.com"

Hi, Biokmst. Thank you so much for your reply. I'm on a tight deadline right now to finish my book and get it ready for beta readers, so I'm afraid I don't have time to swap beta reading quite yet. I also like historical romance; I've got an historical romance in the works myself.

April

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (cfite) | 165 comments April, I'm interested. Cassiefite@yahoo.com

message 7: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Cassie wrote: "April, I'm interested. Cassiefite@yahoo.com"

Hi, Cassie

Thank you so much! I'll e-mail you directly.

April

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (alt623) I am new to beta reading, but would love to have the opportunity. adtrly4@att.net

message 9: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Amy wrote: "I am new to beta reading, but would love to have the opportunity. adtrly4@att.net"

Hi, Amy! Thank you! I'll e-mail you directly.

April