Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Review showing on individual book, but...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 49 comments not being counted in my total reviews?

This is a review that was posted by a UK reviewer this morning on Phoenix Rising I refreshed this afternoon and it did then show up for the indivdual book, but still not in my totals.

And yet a review for Smoke in Moonlight posted less than an hour ago already shows? lol

Not sure what it going on, but can it be updated, please? THanks!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 49 comments Hello? Still not showing.

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments can you link to the review? if you're talking about this one

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

it appears for me no problem. You are friends with that reviewer, yes? Goodreads takes reviews from friends first and puts those at the top. If you scroll too fast, it can appear that your friends' reviews are missing from the community reviews section, but they're just moved farther up.

ratings are instantaneously tabulated, but reviews are cached. they will eventually appear on all editions in 24-48 hours from posting, but sometimes it can take less. there's no way to predict ahead of time.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 49 comments That isn't the issue. I can see the review, too.
The issue is that the review does not show up in the total review 'count', or in the total average ratings of all my books.There should be a total of 33 reviews, not 32. Plus the average is off.
Not sure if this will correct on its own or what. Just thought it was weird.
Thanks!

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments If we're talking about Phoenix Rising, I see 7 reviews and 15 ratings. Manually counting for each comes up with the same. Averaging them all out gets the displayed average as well.

Smoke in Moonlight lists 27 ratings and 13 reviews. Again, manually counting them gets the same count. Averaging them all out gets the displayed average as well.

I've hit refresh stats on both books just in case, but as of right now, I'm confused about what you're seeing. Unless you mean the total number of reviews/ratings on your AUTHOR profile? In which case, author profiles are heavily cached. It might take 24-48 hours before that number catches up. That's my guess, anyway.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 49 comments Z-squared wrote: "If we're talking about Phoenix Rising, I see 7 reviews and 15 ratings. Manually counting for each comes up with the same. Averaging them all out gets the displayed average as well.

Smoke in Moonl..."

Yes, the total reviews/averages is what I asked about. Thanks for clarifying the delay. :D