Year of Cosmere discussion

General > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sanaa (new)

Sanaa (sanaastoria) | 17 comments Mod
Hello everyone! This is Sanaa from InkBonesBooks on YouTube. Thanks so much for taking part in #YearofCosmere. I am so excited for all of these readalongs!

Please introduce yourself in this thread, and for fun let us know what Cosmere novel, novella, or short story you are most excited to read!

message 2: by Paul (last edited Jan 26, 2015 02:24PM) (new)

Paul (paul_sff) | 7 comments Seriously guys thanks for doing this! I'm actually really excited about it. I wanted to read through all of Sanderson's work this year as it is(along with Malazan) so this came at the best time.

I'm Paul and my channel is Common Touch of Fantasy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMui...

You can add me here on goodreads and twitter https://twitter.com/PaulCToF if anyone wants.

You guys are all my favorite booktubers. I've interacted with the majority of the SFF booktubers and along with reading good books, just looking to make some friends as well.

Edit: Just a note, I don't really like to read more than one physical book at a time, so I'll probably finish most reads within a week, instead of lasting the whole month.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Hello, my name is Christine. I'm not a booktuber but I am excited to participate in this with many of my favorites :) Reading the Mistborn and Stormlight Archives series were part of my goals for this year so hopefully participating in this will help me to complete that goal.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie I've been wanting to try out Sanderson, and get to Mistborn for ages now, so this is the PERFECT opportunity!

I'm Katie, and my book blog is Bookish Tendencies https://bookishtendencieskatie.wordpr..., and you can also find me at Twitter https://twitter.com/KatieMcDermo.

I've been watching a lot of your videos for awhile now, and think this is a great collaboration!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo Lisa (jolisa) | 3 comments Hey, guys!! It's Jo.... So, let's talk books! Hahaha... THANK YOU to all of you that are helping do this read-a-long!! It is perfect timing for me because I just started reading The Final Empire last night!! I just began reading fantasy in 2014, and I am hooked!! I can't wait to get started on this adventure... AND to have the help of some great fantasy readers! Let the journey begin!

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniepoole) Hey everyone, I'm Annie! Thank you all for hosting this huge read-a-thon, I am so excited! I've only read the Mistborn books so far (The trilogy and The Alloy of Law), and I really loved them. I've been wanting to read more of Sanderson's books for a while but they're so long and intimidating, so this will definitely give me the motivation to read them. I'm probably most looking forward to starting The Way of Kings - I've heard so many amazing things!

message 7: by Kitty G Books (new)

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) Hey everyone!! I'm Kaitlin (a.k.a Kitty G [one of the hosts] on Youtube). As you all probably know I am crazily hyped and excited about this as I have already read all these books so I know how good and wonderful they all are... equally though I am going to be re-reading all of them with you guys so you will probably see me popping up every now and then.
Thank you all for supporting this and taking part, everyone is totally excited and we've been trying so hard not to blurt it out and to organise everything without spoiling it for you guys, and I have no doubt that February onwards is now going to be AWESOME!
Happy reading all and bring on #yearofsanderson

message 8: by Yudz (new)

Yudz | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name is yudum and im sooo very excited about this read a-thon

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (takikamimura) | 2 comments Hello everyone, I'm Sophia! I do not own a booktube channel but I'm super excited about reading along all of you some of this amazingness that is mr. Sanderson! I still a couple of his books to go but I'm excited to talk about everything Cosmere! <3 I'm currently reading Warbreaker and lovin' it, can't wait to see you guys thoughts on it! :D

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (aryadeschain) Greetings, everyone! I'm Melanie and... I honestly don't know what I can say about me.
Thanks to Lindsey Rey, I became a big fan of Brandon Sanderson. So far I have only read the Legion books, plus Steelheart, Firefight and The Way of Kings. I can't wait to read the Mistborn series and Warbreaker and, of course, to know everybody's opinions about the books!

message 11: by Lilkadykitty :) (new)

Lilkadykitty :) | 1 comments Hello, I am ktuv:) I have been watching Novels and Nonsense, Books&Junk and Lindsey Rey on youtube for a year or so now and Brandon Sanderson is mention a lot on all of there channels. This will be my first taste for fantasy outside of Harry Potter, so I am nervous but willing to try.

message 12: by Ungar5 (new)

Ungar5 | 4 comments hello everyone. first of all, THANK YOU to everyone involved in creating this little heaven.
like all of you im really excited about this readalong. i've already read all of sanderson's books(except the novellas), and have reread the 4 Mistborn books and Warbreaker. im looking forward to the Elantris and Emperors Soul reads and to the Stormlight reads. i think that there is SO much to gain from a reread of those.
this alone will probably make this year one of the best reading years i've had. so excited!!!

message 13: by Sarai (new)

Sarai (saraitalksbooks) Good morning :) My name is Sarai, and I'm relatively new to BookTube and buddy reading, but I'm really excited about this group. I was already planning to read the Mistborn trilogy sometime this year, so this is the perfect read-a-long for me. I'm hoping to participate in other months as well, depending on my TBR list (which is insane already!), so I look forward to participating and reading along with everyone in the coming months!

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex Willis (fightingokra) | 2 comments Much like the Malazan series I have been trying to work Sanderson's books into my reading schedule. Luckily for me two groups have fallen into place the last two months to help me get through these series. I am looking forward to catching up on Sanderson's works and participating in the group!

message 15: by Mpauli (last edited Jan 26, 2015 09:32AM) (new)

Mpauli My name is Michael from "Bitten by a radioactive book" on YouTube and I'm going to host The Alloy of Law in October.
And of course I'm really excited for the book I'm hosting, but also for its sequel in November and for Words of Radiance, which I haven't read yet.

I'm really looking forward to take the trip through the Cosmere with all of you and I'm really excited to see all the positive reactions for our idea. :)

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Shoe (courtneyshoe) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Courtney and I am so excited to join this group! The Final Empire has been on my tbr for a couple of months and I am so glad to have a bunch of awesome fantasy fans to read it and all of the other Sanderson books with! This will be my first Brandon Sanderson book and I can't wait to start!

message 17: by James 'Eagle' (new)

James 'Eagle' | 1 comments Good day all, I'm James from Eagle's Books: https://www.youtube.com/user/diLys360

Been a great fan of Sanderson's for two years now and took part in the Words of Radiance liveshow back in August.

The only Cosmere novel I haven't read is Warbreaker so I am psyched for that month! What a great opportunity to finally get to it. This looks to be a fantastic celebration of this incredible authors work, and a good set up for the releases of Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning towards the end of the year.

Well done to all involved. :)

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Nicole (courtneynicolee) Hey guys! I'm Courtney, a fellow Booktuber (youtube.com/BookEscapism) & am one of the newbies to the Sanderson fan club but definitely a part of it now (even though I've only read Mistborn so far). Super stoked to read more of his books this year with the Cosmere group!

message 19: by Simone (new)

Simone (annasimoniaine) | 1 comments Hey everyone, I'm Simone. I recently finished the first three Mistborn books and now I can't wait to read more Sanderson! Really looking forward to reading them with all of you and watching all the videos. :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, I'm Robyn. I'm so excited, this will be my first time reading Sanderson!!

message 21: by Aurora (new)

Aurora Dimitre Hi, I'm AurorA - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFanta... - and I haven't read much Sanderson before (apart from Steelheart last year), and I feel like this will be a good push to just do it . Reading Mistborn was one of my reading goals for this year, because it's ridiculous that I haven't picked those books up yet, but I think I'm actually the most intrigued by Elantris.

But yeah, this sounds like it's going to be a LOT of fun.

message 22: by Libby (new)

Libby (arakazi) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Libby and I have only read Mistborn:The Final Empire (this month) and I am very excited for this! I am looking forward to finishing up this trilogy and also reading Warbreaker. The book I am most nervous about though is Way of Kings as it is such a tome!

message 23: by Petuli (new)

Petuli | 4 comments Hi everyone! I am Petra and I am from the Czech Republic (for those who don't know, it's a really tiny country in Europe). I've read only two books by B.S. but I loved them sooooo much! I am really excited to read the other books even though the length of them scares me! I hope we will enjoy this year! It's going to be so much fun :)

message 24: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (jennilukee) Hello everyone, I'm Jenni! I've only read the Mistborn trilogy so far but I have six unread Sanderson novels on my shelves. I'm most excited to read The Way of Kings.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2015 01:40PM) (new)

Hello, everyone. I am so glad that the moderators heralded 2015 as the #YearofCosmere. I began The Final Empire a few days ago because of the enthusiasm of Chris Rhodes and Lindsey Rey and I am enthusiastically looking forward to reading Sanderson's complete bibliography. I do not vlog much but I can be found on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjG.... I can also be found at https://aquillandvellum.wordpress.com/

message 26: by A. Borealis (new)

A. Borealis | 1 comments Hi everyone. So I've been a booktube lurker for a while and have been meaning to read Sanderson for what feels like forever. I've had my goodreads account for over a year now but never bothered using it. This year I decided to be a more active reader by keeping track of my books and joining read-a-longs, so here I is. I love fantasy and can't wait to start!

message 27: by James (new)

James Chatham (jameschatham) | 5 comments Hi everyone! I'm James and I am a new booktuber (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdby...)

I have been meaning to read Sanderson for a while, and I finally bought The Final Empire a couple weeks ago. I was planning to start it next month so this came up at just the right time! I'm soooo excited to read and discuss these books!

message 28: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Hi All, Im Alex. I dont have a blog or a channel, i just love to read. I found Booktube last summer and im so glad i did, I have read so many great books I would never have thought to even pick up. Brandon Sanderson books have been interesting me for a while but Ive been a bit intimidated tbh so thank you so much for this group. Im off to buy the first one tomorrow xx

message 29: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (doug_the_hug) | 7 comments Hi guys. My name is Doug, and i've read all Sandersons books multiple times. And i'm looking forward to reading them all again! So excited for you guys experiencing them for the first time!

message 30: by Clarisse (new)

Clarisse (clarissereads) Hi! I'm Clarisse! You can find me at my book blog http://books.clar.me or my BookTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Clarisse... :D

After reading the Mistborn series last year and reading all the books in the Reckoners world relatively recently, I fell in love with Brandon Sanderson's books, and really was planning to read as many of them as I could this year. When I saw the announcements about this group, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to do just that, so I joined!

I can't wait to discuss the books with all of you, and, of course, read more Sanderson! :D

message 31: by Rivalie (new)

Rivalie (dearrivarie) Hi everyone! My name is Rivalie and I'm a blogger over at Forever Obsession: https://extreemeobsessed.blogspot.com
I've been dying to read the Mistborn trilogy after reading Warbreaker and The Rithmatist. When I saw videos about this group on BookTube I automatically joined because now I can finally read Mistborn and hopefully get to talk about it with all of you :)

~Riv

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments Hi! I'm Jamie, and I'm a new Booktuber. I have a lot of Sanderson on my shelf but have not picked anything up yet. I'm glad I waited now! Looking forward to starting!

My (limited) booktube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMV...

Thanks a lot!

message 33: by Keeley (new)

Keeley  (abibliophilesjourney) Hello! I'm Keeley from ABibliophilesJourney. I have a bunch of Sanderson's books on my shelf but have yet to read any of them so I'm most excited for....all of them!

message 34: by Jenefer Licet (new)

Jenefer Licet (jeneferlicet) | 2 comments Hi guys, I'm Jenefer. In the last months of 2014 I obtained many of Brandon Sanderson's books. I still haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Joining #YearofCosmere reading group brings me happiness because I'll be able to read all of Brandon Sanderson books.

Hillarie (Hillareads) (hillareads) My name is Hillarie. I've only read Brandon Sanderson's non-Cosmere books so far. I'd planned on starting Mistborn this month, but it doesn't look like it will happen, so I'm really excited about the Year of Cosmere. I have a Booktube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/blushing...) and I've semi-launched a blog (http://www.hillareads.com/)

message 36: by Hyacinth (new)

Hyacinth (hyacinthlo) | 7 comments Hello! My name is Hyacinth but go by Hylo. Booktuber lurker status. I have to be honest and say I haven't read anything by Brandon Sanderson but hearing so many people talk about him has made me very interested. I actually just ordered The Way of Kings today! Needless to say, I'm glad this came around when it did as I feel it'll be a great to get started!

message 37: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (infiniteink) Hi! My name is Crystal, and I have a book blog called Infinite Ink.

I really wanted to read the Mistborn trilogy this year, so I am excited to join in for that. They will be my first Sanderson novels.

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily Hey, I'm Emily. Haven't read very many fantasy books but I do like them. Can't wait to start, I have heard how great these books are from all the booktubers but have yet to read them!

message 39: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) Hiii! My name is Warda and I've been waiting for something like this to happen! Ever since I've finished the Mistborn trilogy I've been wanting to discuss it with someone. I had way too many emotions to deal with! I can't wait to read more of Mr Sanderson's books. :)

message 40: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) Hi guys, my name is Ana Luisa. I've been wanting to read a Sanderson book for so long (especially since everyone seems to love them) and I'm so happy that you guys created this group! This made me really excited to just dive into his world and read more fantasy, so thank you so much for that! I can't wait to read all these books along with you :)

message 41: by Alena (new)

Alena Reading (alenareading) Hey! My name is Alyona, and right now I'm almost finished with The Hero of Ages. I've only read the first Mistborn trilogy but Brandon Sanderson is already my fantasy king. I'm so in love with his writing, his characters, the world and those amazing plot twists.

I was going to read all his other books this year anyway so I'm very happy to join #YearofCosmere!

message 42: by Na (new)

Na (hailightbooks) Hi, I'm Nathalie, thank you so much for this readalong, it's a fantastic idea!
For now, I'm most excited for The Well of Ascension, since I just finished The Final Empire and really liked it. :)

message 43: by Dagim (new)

Dagim Feyessa | 2 comments Hi my name is dagim, and i have been reading Brandon Sandersons books since elantris, i have read all his books, but have only recently been hearing of cosmere. So thanks for doing this. It will be nice to read the books again, and trying to notice any cosmere hints in them.

message 44: by Nick (new)

Nick Reys Hi all! My name is Elondel (Nick irl) and I am an avid Fantasy reader and book collecter - my shelves will stand for that.
It was just yesterday that I was contemplating re-reading the Mistborn trilogy when #YearOfCosmere was announced, so I couldn't be happier! I've also already read Warbreaker (epic!) and Alloy of Law, but I'll re-read those as well. Can't wait to see what the hosts have in store for this year.

I do not BookTube, but once in a blue moon I remember I own a blog - which is in serious need of revival, mind you - and every so often I let out a tweet via https://twitter.com/ThePaperDragon.

Here's to a Year of Cosmere!

message 45: by Jana (new)

Jana (penguininabluebox) Hello guys :)

My name is Jana, and my channel is penguininabluebox (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC28h...). Of Brandon Sanderson's books I have only read The Final Empire so far, but I really do want to read more of his books, so this is just the perfect opportunity!

message 46: by Nina (new)

Nina Hi everyone! My name is Nina. I'm super excited to read the Mistborn series. I keep hearing amazing things about it everywhere! (Now that I think of it I don't think I've heard a single bad thing haha)
Here is my BookTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Hy...

message 47: by Karen (new)

Karen (karinlib) Hi, I'm Karen, and I have read most of Sanderson's books, and looking forward to re-reading them for this group. I have to admit, that Sanderson is my favorite Fantasy author right now, and he just seems to be getting better with each book, particularly the Stormlight Archive.

message 48: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Hanne, and I read The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance after watching Chris' (TheReading Rhodes) review of the first book. And I loved them! So I am really exited about reading more of Sanderson's work, especially the Mistborn series. Thank you guys so much for creating this read-a-long, perfect timing!

message 49: by Maryam (new)

Maryam Hello guys ! I'm Maryam and I just read the 4 Mistborn's book wich were all amazing. I was actually planning to read pretty much all Sanderson's work this year so this is perfect ! I am looking forward the most to read Elantris and the Stormlight Archive books !

message 50: by Simon (new)

Simon (ridingabluewave) | 1 comments Hi, I am Simon, I was a big reader of SFF books in my youth, then life seemed to get in the way and recently I have found myself in a rut of reading staple crime fiction during the daily commute. I stumbled across the Booktube community and was energized to get back into exploring more SFF books. I am looking forward to digging into this world, it should be an interesting year.

« previous 1 3