Year of Cosmere discussion

Mistborn: The Final Empire > Dancers in a Sea of Mist - Chapters 26-34

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Rey | 6 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss Part 4 of The Final Empire which consists of Chapters 26-34!

The story is starting to come to a close! What did you think of part 4? Who is your favorite character so far? What do you think will happen in the final pages?

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana I always think I know what is going to happen next and then something unexpected happens.
I wasn't ready for the final fight and I don't think I would ever be. Each part now seems to end with a tragedy, but I liked Kelsier too much to accept his death.
Honestly, it made me speechless and even though I am crushed I can't wait to finish the book and get at least some conclusions.
It's not like I expected no one to die, I just refused to think about that aspect of these books.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul (paul_sff) | 7 comments I know what you mean Diana. I refuse to think that certain people will die and when it happens it just hits me like a truck. I still have my doubts he is actually dead though.

That fight with the Inquisitor was pretty amazing.

I absolutely loved Vin and Shan's fight outside of House Venture. That was so good and Vin always uses her surroundings to her advantage. She is just so smart and crafty when she fights, I love it.

message 4: by Shelleen (new)

Shelleen Toland So good. Loved the fight between Vin and Shan and I am really upset that Kelsier died. I didn't think he would die already. I still think Vin will meet up with her brother by the end of the book and may have to fight him. Can't wait to keep reading.

message 5: by Matías (new)

Matías Racedo (librosydragones) | 4 comments I loved the final part of this book so much (actually, I loved the whole book!) and my favorite character of all the series is definitely Vin!

message 6: by Skye (new)

Skye (skyepieonthefly) Dushsjandrjehdnna!!!! That's what my head did at the end there! He can't be dead! I don't believe it! I actually have a theory of how he can still be alive, a good old switcher roo. I also have my theory on both the Inquisitors and the Lord Ruler. I don't want to ruin things if you don't want to look too close so if someone wants to discuss message me!!

I sadly do think Marsh is dead though. 1000000000 years cried. But when Kel destroyed those mines super cool.

Finally starting to like Vin, she seems like a real person now. I also loved the parts from Elend's POV were awesome! Hope they get together.

I am worried she will run into Reen in the last chapter as well. Hope she doesn't have to deal with that just yet.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (novelenthusiast) There was so much to love in part 4, but the fight scenes take the cake.

I kinda wish Sazed hadn't known about the Valla.

And what are these kandra, anyway?

Skye - I agree with you on Kell. I think he's alive. I messaged you!

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (letmereadinpeace) Ahhhh! I don't know what to think right now. This part was amazing and the fight with the Inquisitor was spectacular but I just can't accept Kelsier dying. Nope. I'm trembling with even the thought of it being true. Just no.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments Wow. I did not seer that coming... I actually can't believe that Kelsier is dead. He was such a father figure to Vin and I absolutely love him. I'm also sad the vin might never know that Ellend came looking for her. To be honest I have completely no idea what will happen next with the crew and Ellend but I can't wait to find out!

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 54 comments Whaaaaaaaaaaaat! This is so good. I really love the storyline with Elend and the fights scenes are all so awesome. To be honest everything in this book is great - I love this!

message 11: by Kellseigh (new)

Kellseigh | 7 comments Wow wow wow - this was by far my favourite section of the book! So action packed.

Maybe Reen's introduction will be some sort of cliffhanger at the end? Just a thought. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Marsh and Kelsier are not dead...

Super excited to see how this ends!

message 12: by Olga (new)

Olga (olga_) What the hell just happened?! This part of the book was amazing, I even teared up in a few scenes :'( why Kelsier, why him??... I had to put down the book after that scene with the Lord Ruler -he's just a man- that's how Vin described him, but damn it he's quite scary!

I agree with you guys, we'll probably get to see Vin's brother near the end of the book, hopefully. I loved her character since the beginning, I liked the idea of watching her struggle with her thoughts and her beliefs, trust people is a very hard thing to do when all you've been thought is people will betray you and hurt you. I love all her scenes with Kelsier and that time after she killed Shan when she put Kelsier in his place and left him speechless, I'm enjoying her development as a character.

I really like Elend and their relationship, but what bothers me a little is that we never really get to see it develop and grow; it's kind of implied that it happened during their meet up at the balls, but suddenly she loves him, really? I wish he knew she saved him, though...

Oh, I'm just sad... how can I enjoy this series without Kelsier?? 3

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (infiniteink) Kelsier was my favorite! I knew he would die, but I didn't think it would happen like that.