Magick and Occult Books discussion

Occult > The Kybalion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

Sylvia Beckett Davidson (sylviabdavidson) | 56 comments Mod
Thoughts?

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Richmond | 19 comments I feel like anybody interested in the occult can benefit from being familiar with its teachings. This amazing book found me early on my path.

message 3: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

Sylvia Beckett Davidson (sylviabdavidson) | 56 comments Mod
Exactly. I have tried to push it for years. Valuable information within!

message 4: by Davin (new)

Davin Raincloud (davinraincloud) | 4 comments At first I thought this was amazing stuff, but in recent times I've read some criticism. That is was not an anicent text (that's okay still), and that some of the 'laws' are questionable.

I think it's like anything, read with a critical mind, and even if something is not entirtely accurate, it can still be of value.

I think it has some concepts that are good to meditate on, to assess more deeply.

message 5: by Dale (new)

Dale Richmond | 19 comments The Kybalion itself states "the lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding." And yes, I'm aware of the controversy regarding the origins of the book, but I definitely felt an inner revelation as I read it. I don't think we should look at occult knowledge as being accurate or not, but we should look at how our higher self responds to what's in front of us. If a book speaks to you, then it doesn't matter who wrote it or whether it's 10 years old or 10,000.