2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Dinosaur Tales
This topic is about Dinosaur Tales
. Week 12: Short Stories > Dinosaur Tales by Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by QS (new) - rated it 4 stars

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments Dinosaurs and Ray Bradbury: two of my favorite things. Where can you go wrong!? (Also, it's really short. And it's got pictures because it's for younger readers. It'll be a nice break.)

message 2: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - added it

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Sounds interesting :D I'll add it in my to-read.
I don't think I know the author, so it's a good way to start.

message 3: by QS (new) - rated it 4 stars

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments Bradbury is the god of sci-fi short stories, in my not-so-humble opinion, so I guarantee you won't regret it. ;) Just, uh, keep in mind that it's extremely SOFT sci-fi for the most part, and he's an extremely character-centric writer.

message 4: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - added it

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Of course I prefer when I understand everything, so soft sci-fi is ok. I'm more fantasy than SF but I enjoy the 2 genres ;)
I've no problems with character development if it's well done (and without too much self-pity). I've to try to see if I like how he writes people.

message 5: by QS (new) - rated it 4 stars

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments He rarely ever attempts to go into details about how his sci-fi stuff works. More like "yup, it's raining on Venus and the plants grow in seconds because it never stops raining. Deal with it." Which works because science is hard. :|

If you don't like Bradbury's characters, you have no soul. That is a fact of life.

message 6: by Yasmina (new) - added it

Yasmina | 74 comments Added to my To Read List! :)