Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eragon discussion

Who actually liked the movie?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nancy Wright I did & I have so I can watch as many times as I want.

message 2: by Saarah (last edited Jan 26, 2015 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saarah the movie was good but the Inheritance books were way better - there was just so much more detail ;-)

The Sassiest Persassy That Ever Persassed Ahem.
I'm a long term Inheritance Cycle lover. I adored the series. The characters were well-developed. The plot enticing. They're the kind of books you want to keep with you forever.
Then the movie came.
Let me start of by saying that I could take on two full-time jobs, have five kids, and go to all-night college classes, and STILL direct a film better than that.
Eragon was, by far, the worst movie adaptation of a book ever created. The lines were cringe-worthy, although the actors did try their best. The characters all have little/no development. Arya is portrayed as a defenseless blonde, Saphira has FEATHERS(seriously- what dragon has feathers?!?!), and the scripting, above all, is. Just. HORRID. I watched it once and then swore never to see it again, unless with a friend to poke fun at it. I almost thought it was a parody, at first.
This is a cheap, badly cast movie, and the lines are cliche and awful. That wore away at the amazing detail, script, and theme of the amazing original book.
For those of you who didn't want to read that entire thing:
I HATE THE MOVIE IS SUCKS I HATE IT SO MUCH KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE *HISS HISS* IT IS JUST HORRIBLE, MAKE IT GO AWAY AND MAKE THE DIRECTOR RETIRE EARLY SO NO MORE BOOKS ARE INJURED IN THE WAY THIS ONE WAS.

Kalli The Sassiest Persassy That Ever Persassed wrote: "Ahem.
I'm a long term Inheritance Cycle lover. I adored the series. The characters were well-developed. The plot enticing. They're the kind of books you want to keep with you forever.
Then the mo..."

I totally agree. I rented the dvd from the library and books and movies are sacred to me. But as soon as I watched this I wanted to take it and break it into a million pieces I WAS SOOOO DISAPPOINTED AND FURIOUS that Christopher Paolini would let them destroy his book. Brom doesnt die by saving durza from impaling Eragon with a spear and hitting Brom instead, he dies from the Razac wound and in the book Brom is portrayed as a retired big-bellied Dragon Rider not some anorexic person. Arya is a lethal elf (btw they had the actress dye her hair blond cuz its blonder than her natural hair for that movie particularly) RORAN DOESNT JOIN GALBATORIX'S ARMY!!!!!!These are just A FEW things of what they changed!!! THIS MOVIE SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED ME. They could have made millions off this series if they hadnt not butchered the movie.

Kalli I totally agree. I rented the dvd from the library and books and movies are sacred to me. But as soon as I watched this I wanted to take it and break it into a million pieces I WAS SOOOO DISAPPOINTED AND FURIOUS that Christopher Paolini would let them destroy his book. Brom doesnt die by saving durza from impaling Eragon with a spear and hitting Brom instead, he dies from the Razac wound and in the book Brom is portrayed as a retired big-bellied Dragon Rider not some anorexic person. Arya is a lethal elf (btw they had the actress dye her hair blond cuz its blonder than her natural hair for that movie particularly) RORAN DOESNT JOIN GALBATORIX'S ARMY!!!!!!These are just A FEW things of what they changed!!! THIS MOVIE SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED ME. They could have made millions off this series if they hadnt not butchered the movie.

message 6: by Kass (new)

Kass I like the movie

message 7: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace I watched the movie before I read the books and I actually enjoyed it. It may not be spot on with the books but I found it entertaining. Just because it's not the same doesn't mean that it's a bad movie. Don't get me wrong, it annoys me that details are often missed in the movies but I thought Eragon was good.

Melissa Carter The movie wasn't all that bad. Like it was an alright watchable movie. But as a book adaptation its possibly the worst I've ever seen (beautiful creatures coming in close second). They destroyed the entire book series and shut it off so they couldn't add more movies even if they wanted to.

Kyle I saw the movie first and found it enjoyable but thought it was missing something which made me try the books. Unfortunately after reading the books I tried it again and was appalled at the constant and illogical changes.

Dante Gallo It's funny, I really liked the film at first since I'm a major fantasy fan and anything with dragons in it just sends me crazy.

It wasn't until a few years later when I read the book did I realize just how much the film missed out or got wrong - now I won't watch the film out of principal.

Since then I have learnt that when it comes to fantasy, read the book BEFORE watching the film.

message 11: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Cañizares me!

Simon Okay. the books were definitely better than the movie but come on man, pleas try to make a reboot. Please. I would love to see a new aragon actor. Maby Miles Teller. Oh yeah, and the only character that they got right in my opinion was Durza the shade.