YA Today Book Club discussion

Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
This topic is about Get Even
Discussion Posts > Discussion #34 - Get Even

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisha (last edited May 04, 2015 07:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alisha (booksandthingswithalisha) | 261 comments Mod
Hey Hey! It is that time again where we discus the book of the month.

1. First, how many of have read it prior to the month starting, or are currently reading it as the month goes along?
I started reading it has that month went along, but then family matters came into play and I just finished it a week ago.

2. What did you think of the main character, or should I say main characters, Bree Deringer, Olivia Hayes, Kitty Wei, and Margot Mejia? Did you like them, or hate them? Did you like certain ones more than the others?
I liked the characters. They were an interesting sort of bunch to read about. Every single one of them had their own story, but I liked how their individual stories all came together to create one story. I think as I went along reading the story I found myself relating to each of them in a different way. Each character had something that I could relate with and/or sympathize with throughout the story.

3. What did you think of the plot of the story?
I enjoyed the plot very much. Having these four girls trying to figure out who was framing them for the murder of the boy Ronny was interesting. Not the murder part but them trying to figure out who the real killer was just to clear their names even though they hadn't been outed as the DGM girls. (Spoiler Alert)

4. How did you feel about the secret society going on at this elite private school?
I actually found this interesting. Most of the time, you would read about this kind of stuff going on at maybe a public school but an elite private school and he is being ran by a Priest. That makes things a little more interesting to say that least. The things that go on inside that school you would think that it was a public school but then their if Father Uberti, and that throws a interesting twist into the story. All of this is happening while at a private religious type school.

5. What did you think of the ending?
I know this is going to be a trilogy but still to leave us hanging at the end like that, I'm not going to lie, I was a little upset because I wanted to know what was going to happen and I have to wait for the next book to come out. OMG, I can't wait that long. LOL.

6. Will you read the sequel?
Yes I will definitely read the sequels because I want to know how this is going to end for the girls, and I want to know who the real killer is.

7. What were your overall thoughts of the story?
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. It was an interesting plot complete with multiple characters and twist and turns that were somewhat unpredictable in my opinion. I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

But please feel free to discuss away and/or leave your thoughts!!

Stephanie (sloughry) | 12 comments 1. Okay i finished it a few days ago.
2. So at first i get a little frustrated w/ so many POVs especially bc they weren't separated by chapters..but i got used to it. my fav character was Bree. she's awesome. i love how tough she is..obviously bc she has to be w/ an absentee father. i wish there was more depth to the characters. they were holding back from each other and the reader so that made it difficult to trust any of them and for me to form any real attachment to them. there are so many layers that didn't get touched im assuming bc the writer wanted to keep a mysterious quality about them.
3. i thought the story itself was great. i like the teens getting back and trying to give the bullies a taste of their medicine. i wish i was brave enough to do that when i was in high school -oh 15 years ago. instead of crying in the bathroom..and i was def intrigued about who killed the jerk guy..can't think of his name at the moment. i was hooked into the who-dunit mystery plot..i kept guessing and then i got to the end of the book..oh yeah! the author jerked us!
4. i think they fit with fictional stories. ive only ever heard of them in books and movies..not in real life..so i like the fantasy of it all
5. the ending sucked balls!!!! are you kidding me??? how can you not end the frickin' book??? like, hello??? if you are a writer i think its your job to be able to write a book and actually finish it. and if you are a good enough writer ..you will have the imagination and storytelling skills to develop another story if you want it to continue!!!! not end it halfway through basically and make us wait for ..the rest of the book!!!! that does not count to me as a finished product.
6. yes i will read the so called 'sequel'
7.i thought it was great overall. i still think the author should have put everything in the book and if she wanted to write more of a series or trilogy have it be from other side plots..NOT the main plot of this book..i.e. who killed jerk guy, ronny i think his name is.