Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) Steelheart discussion

Steelheart

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeremy Lovelace So, Goodread????

Sic Transit Gloria This book surprised me. All through the book, Sanderson tries to make you guess at what Steelheart's weakness is. And I thought that it was so obvious and dumb. Then I turned out to be wrong, and I gained a lot of respect for the author.

Robin Glassey I really enjoyed how Sanderson took the idea that superpowers corrupted everyone. I look forward to seeing what happens next in this series.

Maddie Definitely a good read! It ended up being way better than I was expecting. I have read other things by him and had high expectations but like Sic Transit Gloria said as you are going through the book you can probably guess a twist but when it comes to revealing that twist you miss the other one completely.

Jeremy Sic Transit Gloria wrote: "This book surprised me. All through the book, Sanderson tries to make you guess at what Steelheart's weakness is. And I thought that it was so obvious and dumb. Then I turned out to be wrong, and I..."

Mind sharing what you believe it may have been?

Sic Transit Gloria Jeremy wrote:Mind sharing what you believe it may have been?
I thought that , of course, it had to have been people not meaning to hurt him could actually hurt him. It just seemed so obvious.

And then one of the characters suggested it, and I thought, "Ah dang," because I knew that it would never come up in the middle of the book.

Jeremy Okay that's what I was thinking for a while to. Then after the reveal it all made sense and was right in front of us

Jeremy Okay that's what I was thinking for a while to. Then after the reveal it all made sense and was right in front of us

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* Yes, I didn't guess his weakness either. I had an idea - that the character thought of - but I was wrong. Good book.

Caylie Amazing book, Sanderson did a really good job. I tried guessing the weakness of Steelheart but I was WAY off.