Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Warrior Heir
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Chima, Cinda Williams - The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles #1) - Informal Buddy Read; Starts March 9, 2015

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

Book Synopsis:
An epic battle between good and evil...

Before he knew about the Roses, 16-year-old Jack lived an unremarkable life in the small Ohio town of Trinity. Only the medicine he has to take daily and the thick scar above his heart set him apart from the other high schoolers. Then one day Jack skips his medicine. Suddenly, he is stronger, fiercer, and more confident than ever before. And it feels great - until he loses control of his own strength and nearly kills another player during soccer team tryouts.

Soon, Jack learns the startling truth about himself: he is Weirlind, part of an underground society of magical people who live among us. At their helm sits the feuding houses of the Red Rose and the White Rose, whose power is determined by playing The Game - a magical tournament in which each house sponsors a warrior to fight to the death. The winning house rules the Weir.

As if his bizarre heritage isn't enough, Jack finds out that he's not just another member of Weirlind - he's one of the last of the warriors - at a time when both houses are scouting for a player.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments Can't wait to read this

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments Yes!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments You got to love thrift stores :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments Sadie wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "You got to love thrift stores :)"

I absolutely love thrift store finds. I can't believe the amount of books I've found in them, and for so cheap!"

I buy all kinds of stuff at thrift stores

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments I might start this book early

message 9: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (marypoppins917) I just got the book at the library and I'm really excited to read it and the rest of the series!

Ashley Marie pumped to start this! local authors are so awesome.

I may start it a day late, I'm running so behind on the BR of Wicked and I really want to finish Bloodhound just to cut down on my currently-reading list, but I'll do my best to jump on this ASAP!

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments I'm about 4 books behind schedule but I'll start this tomorrow. Heard so many great things about this book.

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments I'll be starting this later tonight after I've finished my studying and caught up on New Girl.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments I am going to start this soon

Ashley Marie I haven't started yet, I got wrapped up in a graphic novel series.

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments I thought I'd start it 2 days ago then I didn't. I was notified that I have 2 months to finish my course so I've been trying to catch up.

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments Read through the prologue.

(view spoiler)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 697 comments I am starting it today

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments Finished. I forget to update sometimes. It depends on how distracted I am really.

I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It started out good but I guess I got lost somewhere in the middle.

2.5/5 stars for me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Warrior Heir (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cinda Williams Chima (other topics)