Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book ratings and reviews

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Piper | 20 comments Hi,
I've noticed that the number of ratings and reviews listed for Train to Nowhere and Finnegan's Quest don't match the actual number of ratings and reviews for each book. Why is this? Can this be remedied?

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Gloria wrote: "Hi,
I've noticed that the number of ratings and reviews listed for Train to Nowhere and Finnegan's Quest don't match the actual number of ratings and reviews for each book. Why is this? Can this be remedied? "

Looks like it has been fixed.

message 3: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Piper | 20 comments I checked, and Train to Nowhere is listed as having 14 reviews, but I count 15. Finnegan's Quest is listed as having 13 reviews, and I count 14. That's why I commented.

message 4: by Lea (new)

Lea | 26 comments I checked and both had the correct number of reviews (TtN 12 and FQ 13)

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Gloria wrote: "I checked, and Train to Nowhere is listed as having 14 reviews, but I count 15. Finnegan's Quest is listed as having 13 reviews, and I count 14. That's why I commented."

I only see 14 reviews for Train to Nowhere unless I include your "Review from the author".

Finnegan's Quest says 13 and I see 13 with a 14th "Abeer Atef marked it as to-read" which isn't a review.

message 6: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Piper | 20 comments Oh, I see what happened. On each book, a review by the same person has been displayed twice. At least that's what shows up on my page. Jo Michael's review is recorded twice for Finnegan's Quest, and Vance is recorded twice for Train to Nowhere. I was counting without checking the names of the reviewers.

My apologies for kicking up a fuss over nothing. Thanks for your attention.