Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3) Ashes to Ashes question

The epilogue! spoilers your thoughts?
Cyana Scriptora Cyana Jan 25, 2015 02:19PM
Am I the only one that totally loved the fact that the underdog got the girl.. This is the first book I have read that this actually happens. Alex was the good guy and they were so compatible. I am so happy that Alex got Lillia.. I have no idea why Reeve didn't bother to contact Lillia.. I guess maybe he didn't love her as much as he thought.. but wow.. I have to give the authors some kudos on this gutsy move. For once it is nice to see... Yay for Alex! By the way, I felt like Reeve's feelings for Lil came out of nowhere.. and I wasn't really buying their relationship at all....

deleted member Apr 29, 2015 02:04AM   1 vote
Heather wrote: "Am I the only one that totally loved the fact that the underdog got the girl.. This is the first book I have read that this actually happens. Alex was the good guy and they were so compatible. I am..."

But Lillia and Reeves relationship was built so complexly, and then to just burn it down?? Also, I felt that Alex and Lillia had no chemistry except as friends. I dunno, I didn't like the ending.

I was a little sad that Reeve didn't get Lillia but I am considering he did not make contact with Lillia and let her go as his repentance for Mary. I think they both realized they truly loved each other but it was not meant to be. I did not like Reeve but in the end he turned out ok in my book with his actions but like Lillia said, it was as it was supposed to be.

Maryam Asif I think that Reeve wasn't suppose to be the only one reaching out for Lilia. Keep in mind she never went to visit him and she didn't reach out for him ...more
Jul 05, 2015 03:33PM · flag

deleted member Apr 29, 2015 02:05AM   0 votes
"Speaking for most readers, Reeve and Lillia's relationship was more authentic and I feel like Lillia just settled for Alex, him and Kat already had a foundation based in their relationship, why didn’t it go any further?"

I definitely agree.

I thought Reeve was the underdog, he didn't really have a bright future ahead of him after high school and never felt good enough for Lillia. Alex, though not getting Lillia's attention, got attention from other girls and was going off to a good school. And in the end, the authors not only give him a successful future with Lillia, who had never previously thought of him as more than a friend, but then Reeve gets the shaft and basically amounts to nothing. It was dissatisfying and didn't make much sense. Ruined it for me.

Heather wrote: "Am I the only one that totally loved the fact that the underdog got the girl.. This is the first book I have read that this actually happens. Alex was the good guy and they were so compatible. I am..."

I wouldnt say that their relationship came out of nowhere, but the idea of them being in a relationship but not their relationship. I feel as if though their relationship was rather expected, given the plan to reel him in and break his heart and all, but what makes me feel empty is how abrupt and unexpected Lillia and Alex's relationship was. Speaking for most readers, Reeve and Lillia's relationship was more authentic and I feel like Lillia just settled for Alex, him and Kat already had a foundation based in their relationship, why didn’t it go any further?

I agree Alex was the best!