What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mine for Keeps
This topic is about Mine for Keeps
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Late 70s children's book: girl with crutches, white dog on cover [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalal) | 70 comments I'm mainly trying to remember the name of this female author that visited my Texas elementary school in the late 70s or possibly 1980. The school would usually bring in a very famous author to speak once a year, however I'm not so sure this author was as widely known as some of the others I remember. The book had a young possibly blonde girl with crutches/leg braces and a white dog that may have been a Westie. It also had light blue on it. I keep remembering the names Jan or Jane and maybe Meg or Molly. I don't know if this was the character's name or the author's.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalal) | 70 comments I'm sorry I don't remember much about what the book was about, other than maybe the girl was frustrated with her leg braces or crutches. I think she was possibly being rehabilitated by accident by having to care for the dog. that is all I remember

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments I read that book and loved it too. Sadly, about all I remember is the girl wore braces on her legs and the dog was Yorkshire terrier or a Westie. Didn't she have a sister who was almost perfect making the MC feel ever more inadequate?

I'll look around and see if I can remember the author but I'm thinking it might be the same author who wrote the book A Room for Cathy by Catherine Woolley.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalal) | 70 comments Somehow I found it! I didn't really remember the names of anyone in the book until I posted it here. Mine For Keeps by Jean Little. Looks like the little girl was Sally and the sister was Meg. Thanks for your response!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalal) | 70 comments I use the app and I'm not sure how to move this out of the "unsolved" folder.

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments So glad you remembered the name of the book. The only reason I think I remembered this one is because the little dog was adorable and I wanted one.

Would someone who knows how to move this to the solved folder please help?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Oops, I thought I had.

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Thanks Lobstergirl.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Room for Cathy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Catherine Woolley (other topics)