Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

Advanced Copies for Review > Epic Fantasy with Adult Content

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Wymore (tereasawymore) I have a 400-page print book just released (so this is not an ARC but a free digital copy for your review). Darklaw is primarily epic fantasy but has adult content--story and illustrations, and the main relationship is f/f.

The novel is not available in digital, but I can send a pdf for you to review. Feel free to friend and ask me any questions privately, if you prefer. The book is 125,000 words with 21 illustrations and an extra short story that is a prequel.

I will send reviewers a signed print volume of the work after they post a review on Amazon or Goodreads before 3/1/2015. You can find out more background on the novel and the world at the World of Darklaw page on my website http://teresawymore.com/world-of-dark...

Synopsis:

More than mere hero-worship drives Kami and more than mere ambition drives Avestine when they meet and form a tumultuous relationship that will make them lovers and enemies for the rest of their lives. In fact, for all eternity.

At 30 years old, Avestine was the heir of the Architect and venerated as the Emissary of the god Arujan, but her brother managed to kill their father, seize the throne for his own, and make his sister an outlaw. Ten years later, she’s still on the run, hiding out among villages of the Trade Quarter, when Darklaw legions arrive in her brother’s bid for new territory.

Kami is a young woman also on the run after the legions destroy her village. Driven by hero-worship and rumors, she arrives in a seedy city seeking the legendary Avestine. Kami has nothing left except the hope that Avestine can help her return to her village safely, since Avestine once saved the coast from an assault.

But what she finds is no hero. Avestine is cruel and narcissistic, and Kami will face traumatic moments of compromise and loss. Avestine, too, will be forever changed by the presence of the young woman whose touch thrills and whose absence devastates her. But neither is prepared for the unprecedented powers coming to life within them.

Darklaw is an epic fantasy written for adults. The story includes graphic violence, explicit sex, nonconensual situations, drug use, and profanity.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Brantley | 7 comments As a lesbian who LOVES fantasy I would be so exited to read and review this book. Can you send it in kindle form?

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Brantley | 7 comments Kellygbrantley@gmail.com

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Wymore (tereasawymore) Kelly, I wish I could! My editorial team hasn't made it available in digital. I'm not sure when that will happen because it will require reformatting the layout and resolution (due to illustrations), rather than just running the file through a converter. If you would still consider reviewing it as a PDF, please PM me, because the file size requires cloud download rather than email and I will send you the link. Thanks!