DIVERGENT FAN CLUB discussion

Did anybody think it was interesting that being found out as a Divergent wasn't one of Tris' or Four's fear landscape?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manoushka (new)

Manoushka (lover_of_many_fandoms) | 27 comments I took this as the both of them being Dauntless at heart since it probably wasn't a major factor to them

message 2: by Edosa (new)

Edosa Omoruyi | 1 comments That is a very good question. The only answer I could possibly give to you is that maybe being Divergent is not a top fear for either Tris or Four.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Lacerra | 2 comments it was probably their fear at one point but they learned that they would have to get over it or else they would be killed

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Yeah...I don't think they were scared, because it wasn't in their landscapes.

message 5: by Ariah (new)

Ariah | 11 comments That's a good point. Maybe they just didn't think about it as much. That's actually really weird. I would be terrified.

message 6: by Ariah (new)

Ariah | 11 comments That's a good point. Maybe they just didn't think about it as much. That's actually really weird. I would be terrified.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Maybe they weren't too scared because they knew that they could handle it. I really don't know. That's a really good point though.

message 8: by Lunar (new)

Lunar Star Perhaps they did fear it but knew it was not something they could change...so they embraced it. A Dauntless cannot live in fear forever, after all- they must face their inner demons and learn to coexist with them. However, I must admit it is somewhat intriguing...

message 9: by Saumya (new)

Saumya | 12 comments I think that because Tris didn't really know what a Divergent could/n't do, so she didn't really fear it...it probably just confused her. A lot.

message 10: by Lunar (new)

Lunar Star Yes but what about Four? He perhaps was more aware when he was a Dauntless newbie.

message 11: by becca (new)

becca | 14 comments Yes I believe that

message 12: by Bubbles (new)

Bubbles (divergentbubble) | 7 comments Yeah, I was wondering about that actually. If they were avoiding the Erudite and Jeanine because they were trying to get rid of them, then certainly they would fear it and be cautious, right? So then why would it not be in Tris and Tobias's fear landscapes? It doesn't really make sense. But maybe they didn't really fear it and they kind of accepted the fact that that was who they were and they couldn't change it.

message 13: by Fandom (new)

Fandom Queen | 3 comments Yes, but I also felt that was avoided because if they found out either of them were Divergent due to the landscapes than the plot would have gone in a different direction, even resulting in their deaths coming earlier than they did.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraaranac) | 3 comments I have never thought about it, and now I think that's just a plot hole lol. I mean, like she/he ☝🏻 says, it that fear was shown in their landscapes, they would've been instantly killed in their initiation and we wouldn't have any story to be fangirling about 🤣🥰