Stepbrother Dearest discussion

Group's Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariℓina (last edited Jan 25, 2015 09:29AM) (new)

Mariℓina | 20 comments Mod
Everything Group related can be discussed here!!

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Well I know I've said this already but I'm excited to be in this group with like minded peolpe! Just wanted to say an official: Hi, My name is Leslie and I enjoy a good stepbrother romance… Who I kidding I even enjoy the not so good ones. It's a problem really :) I look forward to sharing my problem with you all and maybe even making it worse. I also enjoy really dark, deranged reads. I live in Florida with my furry children and my dude. None of my real life friends really share my love for reading so it's nice to have online friend that do! Oh! Also I love to cuss so please don't be offended if I drop an f bomb here and there!

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Well, i'm reading right now a stepbrother book...
Fallen Crest High by Tijan. Have you read it??? If not, you should do it!!! It's fuckin' awesome!!!! :)
So... i have already one book from the list , but it's not February... Shit!!!!

message 4: by Mariℓina (new)

Nicoleta wrote: "Well, i'm reading right now a stepbrother book...
Fallen Crest High by Tijan. Have you read it??? If not, you should do it!!! It's fuckin' awesome!!!! :)
So... i have already one book from the list..."

Honey did you post on the challenge post?

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Ypu know that i'm not good at all this things!!!!
I... suck!!! With technology!!!!

message 6: by Mariℓina (new)

Nicoleta wrote: "Ypu know that i'm not good at all this things!!!!
I... suck!!! With technology!!!!"

It's really easy go in the following link and copy paste exactly what we did..

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments i did it. And now what??? Enetytime that i read something from that i will make cpry paste without the thing that i accomplish???

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Lol I just recently found out that is a stepbrother book! I'm itching to read it. I'm eagerly hoping that Second Debt (Indebted, #3) by Pepper Winters will appear on my kindle at midnight.

message 9: by Mariℓina (last edited Jan 25, 2015 11:46AM) (new)

Just like Leslie did, now i'll introduce myself. Hi everyone, I'm Marilina. I'm 23 years old and live in Greece, recently i received my degree in Sociology and currently i'm doing my master in Social Science, Counter-culture and Subcultures. I have a fish named Maddox -yes, after Travis Maddox- two crazy cats and a German Shepherd puppy named Kellan-yes, after Kellan Kyle. I have the most adorable little brother he is 9 and loves to read and an amazing boyfriend who puts up with me for almost 7 years now! I hope we'll have an amazing time in this group!

message 10: by Mariℓina (new)

Nicoleta wrote: "i did it. And now what??? Enetytime that i read something from that i will make cpry paste without the thing that i accomplish???"

No, now everytime you will edit the same post with the new book you read. It's really simple.. If you want you can also intoduce yourself here..

message 11: by Mariℓina (new)

Leslie wrote: "Lol I just recently found out that is a stepbrother book! I'm itching to read it. I'm eagerly hoping that Second Debt (Indebted, #3) by Pepper Winters will appear on my kindle at midnight."

Are you kidding me? How is that possible?

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Nicoleta wrote: "i did it. And now what??? Enetytime that i read something from that i will make cpry paste without the thing that i accomplish???"

See just above the comment box on the right it says add book/author? Click that type in the book you want hit search then select the book you want hit add and it will add the link for you can choose the cover to your comment page. You can edit your comment and just add the books as you read them

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Idk Marilina! Don't judge me! Lol btw you pet names craked me up

message 14: by Mariℓina (last edited Jan 25, 2015 11:53AM) (new)

Lol yeah i know my name picking skills are obviously impeccable, until someone asks, "why did you named them like that" And then i have a full blown speech ready.. hehe! Still though, Nila and Jethro are stepsiblings??

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Hello!!! I'm Nicoleta and i'm from Grrece. The last years i live in a big village near to the sea, named Perdika Thesprotias. I am almost 32... i have my degree in nursing, but i'm working in summer season. From this summer i have open a restaurant with my boyfriend, which whom i am 9,5 years together. I have a labrador called Ploutona that i adore!!!! I can't imagine my life without reading and i like lso writing myself!!!
Well, that's me!!!!

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Oh no no sorry I was talking about fallen crest high! I didn't know it was a step sib book. I'm waiting on the debt book tonight which is why I'm not reading fallen crest yet....sorry didn't mean to confuse

message 17: by Mariℓina (new)

I freaked out completely!! LOL!!!

message 18: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Since we are sharing... My pointer mix is named Ella and my Pekingese is named Marty. I've been with my guy for nine years, we are getting married next January...I love seeing people together for so long without necessarily getting married. stick it to the man! I have a biology degree and environmental studies degree. I used to be a zoo keeper, a job I loved but also hated, since moving to south Florida...I've not found s job. I probably should go back to school. Anyways....Nicoleta congratulations on the restaurant!

message 19: by Mariℓina (new)

Is it just me, or you also find peculiar that all three of us love to read and we are in serious long-term relationships? There has to be a connection. I guess books are doing good even in our personal lives.. Congrats Nicoleta for your new endeavor, next time i'm around i know where to eat. OMG Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations Leslie!!! We want pictures when the time comes..

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Thank you guys!!! It's pity that you Leslie you are far away from here, but i know that Marilina it's too close to me!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Both of you for your good personal lives... We haven't married yet, maybe someday... I'm not so interesting in that thing... But concratulations Leslie... We are trying to make a baby... I know we are twisted in minds!!! And Marilina... you forget that we love stepbrother books!!!!
And really you have to read Fallen Crest high... I will say only this... It has two stepbrothers and only one stepsister!!!! They are both georgeous but i love Mason...but i think that in the other books we will have love triangle with all the steps...

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Thanks guys! Nicoleta, there is nothing wrong with your mind lol it's what peer works best for you. That's all that matters! Good luck! So is there a Valentine's day scene in fallen crest? Marilina...I'm sure there is a connection...maybe we don't want to look too closely to that ha ha ha

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Valentine's day in Fallen Crest??? No, not at this book at least. Maybe to the next books...

message 23: by Trigger Happy (new)

Trigger Happy | 15 comments Introduction Support Group style:
Hi! My name is Nina, I just turned 27. I am from Bulgaria - What`s up to my Greek neighbors! I love your moussaka It`s the best I ever had. You are so telling me some secret recipe! But is has to be easy and fast to make.. you know more time to read :P I live with my boyfriend, we have been together for... wait for it ... 7.5 years. There`s something going on here! Leslie wrote: "I love seeing people together for so long without necessarily getting married. stick it to the man!" Amin sister! We are taking it slow, we don`t want to rush it! :D :D :D
My first Stepbrother was Picture Perfect I got so excited and when I finally read the book was blown away. BTW Bitches it`s not on your shelves except Leslie`s...go feel ashamed and read it!!! Ever since I am searching for more stepbrothers to rock my world :)

message 24: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Hi ladies! My name is Sonja, I am from Serbia and in about a month I'll be 23. I am on my 3rd year of English language and literature, I have 3 cats and one of them has a Turkish name :D And I just recently celebrated 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend :) Of course I love reading, my favorite genres are contemporary romance, NA, YA, paranormal, historical fiction and epic fantasy. So far from Stepbrother romance I have read only Stepbrother dearest from Penelope Ward and I absolutely loved that book!

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Welcome Sonja!!!!

message 26: by Mariℓina (new)

Nina honey, i can't help you with any recipe, sadly i can't even boil water without burn it so your last chance is Nicoleta..

message 27: by Mariℓina (new)

Welcome Sonjia! Make sure to vote in our name poll and take a look in our monthly challenge!!<3

message 28: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hi ladies! Welcome! Trigger Happy..I've beentrying to read that book but can't find it anywhere! Any suggestions?

Hi Sonja! You should try Rival (Fall Away, #2) by Penelope Douglas if you liked stepbrother dearest.

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Yes, but you have to read the first 2books of Bully first...

message 30: by Trigger Happy (new)

Trigger Happy | 15 comments Leslie wrote: "Hi ladies! Welcome! Trigger Happy..I've beentrying to read that book but can't find it anywhere! Any suggestions?

Send me your email ;) Also if anybody else wants it I have it.;)

Mariℓina wrote: "Nina honey, i can't help you with any recipe, sadly i can't even boil water without burn it so your last chance is Nicoleta.."

I can live with that cooking is not my favorite past time :P

Welcome Sonja!!! Definitely read Bully and Rival!!!

message 31: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Thanks girls, I really don't know about other Stepbrother romances so anyone with suggestions can inbox me. And also, feel free to add me, I love talking to others who share the same love for reading as I do :)
And since we're chatting here I wanna know what are you reading right now and is it good? :*

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments I'm reading the Fallen Crest hihg series by Tijan and they are fuckin' awesome!!!! And it has two hot stepbrothers inside...
I reccomented it too you!!!!

message 33: by Sonja (new)

Sonja I have that one on my Kindle, it is the first part, right? I'm currently reading Zel by Shantaye Brown,it is dark and twisted and I definitely recommend it. I'll check out Tijan's books when I finish this one :)

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments you should do it!!! I read the second book now and it's amazing!!! I already read 0,5&1 and keep going...

message 35: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Thanks Nicoleta! And it would be great if someone could post some list with Stepbrother books or just inbox me with recommendations :)

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Only stepbrothers???
The best step brother book ever was Penelope ward's Stepbrother dearest but i think you already read it!!!

message 37: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Hah not just stepbrothers, I meant step siblings romance :D Yes I read Stepbrother dearest and it is one of my all time favorites! ♡

message 38: by Leslie (new)

Leslie This is nothing to do with stepbrothers but has anybody ever noticed that most of the main characters always have parents that die of cancer or just die in general? I get that it's easy to develop an "issue" for a character that way and I guess try to add some complexity to their personality but honestly I think it's a cheap shot...if you have to use that just to give your character some depth then maybe you shouldn't write a book! If it's important to the story..fine. If you are going to go into some details about it cause it adds to the bigger picture, I get it, but can't they just have parents that are separated or one parent ran off and is a deadbeat....or...they don't have any issues with their parents and they are happily married! I think it's so over done and a sign of a weak book especially since a lot of people reading these books probably have gone through something awful like that, that shouldn't be explained away in a few lines!
...ok I'm done :)

message 39: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Hmm Leslie you gave me something to think about. It is the thing in almost every book I have read so far. Have you read Falling into you by Jasinda Wilder? Both hero and heroine have parents who are (I guess) happily married.

message 40: by NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (last edited Jan 29, 2015 03:26AM) (new)

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Leslie wrote: "This is nothing to do with stepbrothers but has anybody ever noticed that most of the main characters always have parents that die of cancer or just die in general? I get that it's easy to develop ..."

Yeah!!! You have a point there Leslie... Maybe it's beacause propably with that they can justify the twist of their character!!!! Or not...
My parents are divorced since i was 3, but i think i'm pretty normal...
From the other hand Leslie, we are in this group because we like Stepbrother themes on books, so for that being possible, their parents have to be seperate and to have many issues!!!! Yeah, usually they are asssholes, but i don't have any problem with that...

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Oh! I found a new stepbrother book My Billionaire Stepbrother
Lately seems that Stepbrothers have to be billionares??? Why that happens????

message 42: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Nicoleta wrote: "Leslie wrote: "This is nothing to do with stepbrothers but has anybody ever noticed that most of the main characters always have parents that die of cancer or just die in general? I get that it's e..."

Lol touché about the stepbrothers! They do have to have parents that are separated or one Is gone. I don't want to come across as a snob, it just seems lately that's all I've read and it doesn't even have THAT much to do with the story. I really don't mind it most of the time, especially if I can get past it becaues the story is good. To be completely honest I think I just don't like the book I'm currently reading and they use cancer but not even is an important way, just a side comment. I don't really care if their parents are happily married or not lol I was just tired of parents death as a thing. If any one has parents who have passed away, I hope I didn't offend you by anything I said...if I did I'm so so sorry for being and insensitive bitch!

message 43: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Sonja wrote: "Hmm Leslie you gave me something to think about. It is the thing in almost every book I have read so far. Have you read Falling into you by Jasinda Wilder? Both hero and heroine have parents who ar..."

I should check it out! See if I have a problem with them being happily married ha ha ha

message 44: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Nicoleta wrote: "Oh! I found a new stepbrother book My Billionaire Stepbrother
Lately seems that Stepbrothers have to be billionares??? Why that happens????"

You're right! I've read a few where the sb is a billionaire ha ha. I don't know maybe it's combining two fantasys...a rich dude and a stepbrother, taboo relationship. Or maybe one person does it and others see it and get inspired to write their own. Or maybe the publishers have a dart board full of ideas and make authors write about what ever combinations they hit with a dart! I like the last senario better lol

message 45: by Sonja (new)

Sonja You should definitely check it out, it doesn't have a step relatives theme but it is a beautifully written story, very emotional, it gave me the worst ugly cry in the history of all ugly cries :D

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments I have one question about the challenge!!!!
A book with red cover, you mean all red or something red on the cover????

message 47: by Mariℓina (new)

mostly red, you know the biggest part or an oblect that covers most of the it in red..

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments Hmmm.... I think i'm lucky!!! The next series that i want to read i think the second or the third??? has much red!!!!
The VALENTINE theme it's not so good for me!!!!

message 49: by Mariℓina (new)

oh come on, you are gonna be just fine♥

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 30 comments It's the first time that i'm doing something like that... I already have the books on my mind. But i don't know what to do when i'll read them. I have to post something??? Ther i'm gonna need your help!!! And stepbrother theme we mean any stepbrother or the book that we talk about????
Shit!!! All this week i was reading for stepbrothers in Fallen Crest and i'll finish one day before the challenge!!!

« previous 1