Imps of Goldstone Wood discussion

Who would you cast for a Goldstone movie series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 255 (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 375 comments Mod
Yes, I know this topic can be overdone at times, but it is fun.

I thought last night how much I'd like Chris Evans (Captain America) to play Etanun. That would make me very happy. :)

Oh, and when I watched Scarlett Johansson in We Bought A Zoo, it struck me that she'd make a fantastic Beana.

message 2: by H.S.J. (new)

Oh, and I've always fancied Idis Elba's fantastic voice for Oeric. :D

message 3: by H.S.J. (new)

Oh......and though Vartera doesn't have a very large role, I'd love for her to be played by Xanthe Elbrick, who's capable of the creepiest female voice I've ever heard.

message 4: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Jan 25, 2015 11:34AM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Now that you mention it, Xanthe would do a great Vartera!

I can't remember his name, but the boy who played the younger Pi in Life of Pi would make an excellent Leo for the beginning of Veiled Rose!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 29 comments I don't know a lot of actors, so I can't add a whole lot to this, but I'd cast Cate Blanchett as Queen Bebo. (Most people can probably figure out why. :P)

message 6: by H.S.J. (new)

Oh, I'm just having a wonderful time coming up with a cast!

I wasn't sure at first, but I think Jena Malone would make a fantastic Nidawi. After seeing her as the savage Johana in Catching Fire and then the ditzy Lydia in Pride and Prejudice, I know she has the acting skills to pull the Everblooming off! Plus, I suspect Nidawi would be a lot of CGI, so acting is the important part.

I've always pictured Liv Tyler as Bebo. There is something both childish and ancient in her features.

Grey Delisle could be Anahid. Her voice is generally higher than I picture Anahid's but she can go deeper.

Jen Cohn would be perfect to voice ChuMana. I've heard her sound perfectly regular, but I've also heard her play Darth Zash, and with a bit more ssssss, she'd be perfect.

message 7: by Ruth (last edited Jan 25, 2015 01:41PM) (new)

Ruth  (ruthelizabethg) | 5 comments Scarlett Johansson as Beana NO :)

message 8: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathedragonslayer) | 50 comments The lady who played Galadriel could be the Dragonwitch or Leo's mother

message 9: by H.S.J. (new)

Is that a good no or a serious no? Heheh. The smiley face makes it difficult to tell. Generally, Scarlett plays a more seductive character, but her role in We Bought A Zoo was surprisingly normal.

message 10: by H.S.J. (new)

Cate could be a pretty great Hri Sora, you're right, Jemma.

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth  (ruthelizabethg) | 5 comments I just don't think she'd play a good Beana, I haven't seen We Bought A Zoo in a long time but I just saw her in Captain America Winter Solider and from that she doesn't seem like a good Beana.

message 12: by H.S.J. (new)

True, there would be a big acting difference between those two characters. :) And plus Scarlett is kind of small, and Beana is tall.

message 13: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments Cate Blanchett or Liv Tyler as Queen Bebo...never thought of that but they would make good choices:).
Since they haven't been mentioned - I have always pictured Lionheart as Peter Gadiot from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Imraldera as either Jenna Coleman from Doctor Who or Aiysha Hart from Atlantis.
And of course, Eanrin will always bear the face of Tom Hiddleston to me -

message 14: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments And I know I've said this before, but Robert Carlyle would make the best Dragon King. :)

message 15: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments Ghost wrote: "And I know I've said this before, but Robert Carlyle would make the best Dragon King. :)"

Absolutely in the creepiest way! lol

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments My dream cast so far would be:
Chris Pine as Eanrin
Zoe Saldana as Imraldera
Amandla Stenberg as Fairbird
John Rhys-Davies as Iubdan
and Cate Blanchett as Bebo.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 29 comments @Kayla: Ooh. :D Chris Evans would be perfect as Aethelbald.

message 18: by H.S.J. (new)

It's kind of funny, but I've thought Tom Hiddleston (his soft, serious, sweet side) would make a great Athelbald.

And it's rather early to tell, as I've only seen her in a very small role, but a dark-haired Stef Dawson might work for a grown-up Rosie/unveiled Varvare.

message 19: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments I agree, Tom Hiddleston would be a wonderful Aethelbald.

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 41 comments Ooh, ooh! I love this idea. :) (I've only read Heartless but still. XD)

I just have to say that I think Armie Hammer would be a fabulous Aethelbald. And Garret Hedlund as Diarmud. XD

I'm trying to think of who would be good for others but I'm not so good at casting unless I do a looot of thinking. :)

message 21: by Ruth (new)

Ruth  (ruthelizabethg) | 5 comments Oh Aiysha Hart would make a perfect Imraldera :) Also, I just can't see Tom Hiddleston as Aethelbald or Etanun. And I think Julia Roberts would be to old to play Daylily.

message 22: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathedragonslayer) | 50 comments America Ferrera I think might make a good older Sight-of-Day.
I really like all these ideas.

message 23: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 135 comments NO NO NO. Tom Hiddleston can't be Eanrin OR Aethelbald. O_O I've only seen him as Loki, and Loki and Aethelbald belong at opposite ends of the universe.

Displaying my ignorance here. . .who is Etanun again?

Garret Hedlund played Murtagh in the Eragon movie right? He would be a PERFECT Diarmid!

message 24: by H.S.J. (new)

When you've only seen Tom as Loki, yes, it's impossible to imagine. But he is a brilliant actor who can be very sweet and noble. His gentle role in War Horse almost made me cry.

Well, if you haven't read Dragonwitch, you won't know Etanun very well. But in Veiled Rose Leo tells the tale of the Brother's Ashiun, Etanun and Akilun. Etanun bore Halisa while Akilun carried Asha.

message 25: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 135 comments Okay that makes more sense.

OH! The Brother's Ashiun! I can never remember their names. But yeah, I haven't read Dragonwitch yet.

message 26: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments Hannah wrote: "When you've only seen Tom as Loki, yes, it's impossible to imagine. But he is a brilliant actor who can be very sweet and noble. His gentle role in War Horse almost made me cry.

Well, if you have..."

I agree with Hannah and I think that is what makes Tom Hiddleston such an amazing actor. So many actors just take their own personality and way of carrying themselves into every character they play. He delves into each character and creates something new and singular - his Henry V in the Hollow Crown was peerless (if you like Shakespeare that is; he was also in Henry IV but there were some scenes that I didn't feel comfortable with so I can't say I recommend it). I never really thought of him as Aethelbald, I always imagined him as someone shorter and Tom H is quite tall, that's why he works as Eanrin for me:).

message 27: by Julie (new)

Julie (aslanscompass) | 1 comments I'm not very knowledgable with actors, but Ming-Wa Nen would be a great Golden Mother. She's Melinda May in Agents of Shield, and voiced Mulan in the Disney film.

message 28: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathedragonslayer) | 50 comments Julie wrote: "I'm not very knowledgable with actors, but Ming-Wa Nen would be a great Golden Mother. She's Melinda May in Agents of Shield, and voiced Mulan in the Disney film."

Or Sarui (I think I spelled that wrong)

message 29: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments Ming-Na Wen would be awesome as Princess Safiya. And maybe Arden Cho as Sairu?

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (readingrogers) | 60 comments I actually thought after reading Heartless that Tom Hiddleston would be an interesting actor for Aethelbald. You simply have to let go of his role as Loki and see him as an actor. Besides, it's really hard to find a "plain" looking actor who isn't fat or too old, trust me I've looked! I think with the right makeup Tom would fit the role pretty well!

message 31: by H.S.J. (last edited Jan 30, 2015 09:42AM) (new)

He would. He really, really would. :)

And I love the choices of Arden Cho and Ming-Na Wen!

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (readingrogers) | 60 comments Sarah and I have come up with a whole list of actors, but I'm still trying to find it. We try to go by the descriptions in the book and how they would fit the personality. It's really hard to find just the right one! I think Zachary Levi, the guy who plays one of Thor's friends in Thor 2 would be really good as Eanrin. Except he has brown hair in real life and looks a lot different. So you must look him up in Thor 2 http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/11/...

message 33: by H.S.J. (new)

HANNAH! No way!!! Without even seeing the guy, I thought that his voice in Tangled would be fantastic for Eanrin! So golden. :D And that picture you found of him, without the beard????? Okay. Him, then.

message 34: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Eanrin!!! He would be perfect!!

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (readingrogers) | 60 comments Okay, so that's settled! Zachary Levi is officially Eanrin then? Everyone in agreement? Haha

message 36: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Jan 30, 2015 10:39AM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments ...which is kinda funny now that I think about it, because Mandy Moore would do a good Lady Gleamdren.

message 37: by H.S.J. (new)

I've always rather pictured Amanda Seyfried as Gleamdren ever since that picture Anne Elisabeth shared! :)

message 38: by Bryn (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:14PM) (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments Zachary Levi is a cute choice with a charming smile but he doesn't feel very catish...but of course he can sing which is a must:).

message 39: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments Yeah, I think Zachary Levi could possibly pull it off.

message 40: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 13 comments Hannah wrote: "Sarah and I have come up with a whole list of actors, but I'm still trying to find it. We try to go by the descriptions in the book and how they would fit the personality. It's really hard to find ..."

I didn't realize how amazing Zach Levi would be for Eanrin until now!

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 13 comments Hannah wrote: "I actually thought after reading Heartless that Tom Hiddleston would be an interesting actor for Aethelbald. You simply have to let go of his role as Loki and see him as an actor. Besides, it's rea..."

YES.

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 13 comments I'm really liking all these fancasts!

message 43: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 135 comments HE WOULD BE THE PERFECT PERFECT EANRIN. O__O I have never seen a picture of a real person that look so much like a character looks in my head, and that's even WITH a beard. GAAH. That face--take away the beard of course--plus Flynn's voice?? Beyond perfect. True, not too catish, but I don't think we could possibly find a better Eanrin.

Now I actually wish these things could happen, because, THAT EANRIN.

(Funny, I thought Eanrin would be impossible to "cast" and here he's the first one we all really agree on. :P)

message 44: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 41 comments I approve muchly of this Eanrin choice!! :D (Also I had positively no idea that Flynn and that guy in Thor were the same. o.o THE THINGS WE LEARN.)

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (readingrogers) | 60 comments Who shall be the next actor/character we officially decide on?

message 46: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments Hannah wrote: "Who shall be the next actor/character we officially decide on?"

Imraldera would probably be the proper choice:)

message 47: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments If we're casting Imraldera now, I suggest Zoe Saldana :).

message 48: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Shutt (brs_1485) | 48 comments I thought of Imraldera when I saw Aishya Hart as Ariadne in Atlantis. Jenna Coleman has the personality to pull it off but she might be too short and a shade paler than Stengl envisioned for our Silent Lady.

message 49: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Jan 30, 2015 03:35PM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Or maybe Shay Mitchell?

message 50: by H.S.J. (new)

I'm thinking Shay Mitchell. Isn't that the one Anne chooses?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6