2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Tiger's Wife
This topic is about The Tiger's Wife
. Week 6: Author Under 30 > The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ingrid Erwin For some reason, I have put off reading this book although it has been on my shelves for several years. I am creating this topic to prompt me to read the book!

message 2: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf Let me know how it goes, for some reason I just couldn't get into it, even though it looked so interesting

Ingrid Erwin I finished the book. I agree with a Goodreads comment that it was beautifully written but rather confusing. The narrative wove back and forth between the present and the past, and between the activities of the protagonist and stories she had been told by her grandfather. I am not sure that I understand why the book was deemed so noteworthy.

Tricia (drakmom) | 17 comments I'm reading this one as well. I am about 2/3 of the way through.

Territadlock06 | 20 comments I have just finished the tigers wife. It took me a while to read it because of the way it is written. I wish she had stuck to just the story of the tigers wife. The story went in too many directions, so many in fact you began to feel lost. The basic story was interesting. I gave it three stars for that.. I would not recommend this book.