SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #2)
This topic is about Deadhouse Gates

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Discussion of Chapter 17 ONLY please, no spoilers for any other part of the book!

Paul (paul_sff) | 68 comments Arr' ey matey. At first, I wasn't so sure about Kalam's ship adventure, but this was actually a good read. A lot of the issues I had with the first half of the book, every plot having people walking through sand, has cleared up. We have multiple settings now and the story is better because of it.

Alex Willis (fightingokra) | 71 comments Any type of creature you may want out of a fantasy book is found here in DG (and certainly the series). We get Kalam fighting pirates which was quite the adventure. His new acquaintance Salk Élan is more than capable in battle but there is too many unknowns to know his intentions. He certainly knew more about Kalam's past than a man should know after meeting him for the first time on a ship.

This Sha'ik reborn business seems as if it is taking forever to get to the point. I realize it is a giant part of the book but there also seems to be little happening in the situation through the last couple of chapters despite the time spent with the party.