SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #2)
This topic is about Deadhouse Gates

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Discussion of Chapter 15 ONLY please, no spoilers for any other part of the book!

message 2: by Paul (last edited Feb 20, 2015 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paul (paul_sff) | 68 comments It was probably pretty obvious that Felisin would become Sha'ik but it is still a nice twist. The suspense of what will happen when they go into the Azath is killing me. More than anything, I want to know exactly what Icarium is! The dude wiped out that entire city 42,000 years ago! He is one of the Elder gods, but which one!?

I am pretty sad about Kulp and Baudin still. I hope they return somehow.

I'll be honest, I struggle with this book during the Chain of Dogs scenes. There are some good parts and all but overall there just isn't a whole lot there that interests me. Granted, incredibly long journeys like this in a fantasy book aren't my favorite thing.

Alex Willis (fightingokra) | 71 comments All signs lead to Minala's pursuing Kalama for love, though I am waiting for Erikson to completely twist this all to hell.

Both Felisin and Apsalar make sense to become Sha'ik reborn. Felisin has the attitude and drive to kill the Empress, whole Apsalar has the skill to pull it off.

Dale Nevin | 20 comments I actually didn't pick Felisin becoming Sha'ik. Maybe missed something? But really liking the journey she has taken as a character now. Gone through so many changes but they all make sense with what she has been through!

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
I really enjoyed seeing Felisin come into her own more and take on this role. For me this chapter was standout as one where I felt I understood things more and the plot really kept me engaged and on board.

I'm already partway through the next chapter and loving it so really excited for the ending and climax of this book now :)