SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #2)
This topic is about Deadhouse Gates

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlin (last edited Jan 25, 2015 06:56AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Discussion of Chapter 13 ONLY please, no spoilers for any other part of the book!

Alex Willis (fightingokra) | 71 comments This was a gigantic battle chapter that holds my attention despite being a little hard to follow. As I have mentioned before Erikson adds a chaotic feel to these battles that isn't often found in fantasy novels (or at least the novels I have read).

If Minala's pursuit of Kalam doesn't end in love I am going to be sad. That is the direction I want that storyline to go.

Paul (paul_sff) | 68 comments I'm clinging to the possibility of at lease one positive thing happening to these people too. lol.

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Heavy on the battle scenes for sure here. I like it, but I feel that battle scenes are not my favourite thing generally and whilst Erikson does them well, they're still just not my favourite thing to read.

I'm also interested in if Minala and Kalam will end up together in some way. I think it would be nice to see some redemption in the world with a love storyline at this point, but I know Erikson is big on the 'chaotic ruin of everything' and his world is definitely more sombre in this book than the first!

I hope I can finish this up by the end of the month (I've been ill for the last week so that's not helped!) and I wonder what will happen next (as I always do with Erikson!)