What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Lonely/unhappy woman driving thru British countryside sees faun/satyr/Pan frolicking; creature is now bound to her until she finds love. He begins to have human feelings for her.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Foxmorton (foxmorton) | 5 comments Lonely/unhappy woman driving through British countryside.
Accidentally sees the frolicking of a mythical creature (faun, satyr, Pan-like) who was not supposed to be glimpsed by humans.
She has no real memory of this but the creature is now bound to her until she finds happiness/love.
He, of course, experiences human feelings for her as the story progresses.

Would so love to reread this book.
Read from library about 12 years ago.

Thanks!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments Anything about the cover?
Time period story takes place?
Part of a series?
What genre: romance, fantasy, mystery, etc?

message 3: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Foxmorton (foxmorton) | 5 comments If I said I remember it being plain and white with a one word title.....I might be lying. lol ;)
Time period: Modern day
Series: No.
Genre: Romance/fantasy But the only fantasy is the faun character.

message 4: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments I would love to read this book whenever it's found.

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments Would love to read it, hope you find it!

message 7: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Foxmorton (foxmorton) | 5 comments Tana wrote: "I would love to read this book whenever it's found."

It has haunted me for years. Have had librarians searching. Asked what seems every reader in the known Universe. If only the author would stumble upon a post. lol His/her book is being sought after! :D

message 8: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Foxmorton (foxmorton) | 5 comments Andria wrote: "Maybe Mrs. Demming and the Mythical Beast?"

Hmm. Sounds almost like it but I'm not completely sure. I do recall her being alone all the time as the Pan creature is bored to death having to hang out (invisibly) with her and complains she never even turns on music or tv when she is home. I recall a handyman of sorts who, of course, is the love interest. :)

However, what a stellar find to send me! A MUST read! Just put it at the top of my queue! Thank you thank you so much! I will let you know if this is it.

message 9: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Foxmorton (foxmorton) | 5 comments Andria wrote: "Maybe Mrs. Demming and the Mythical Beast?"

Alas, no.
*sigh*
But I am looking forward to reading this one as well.
Thank you for taking the time. It is greatly appreciated. :)

message 10: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Giving this a bump since I also hope it gets found. :)

message 11: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments What language was the book in?
What country were you in when you read this book?

message 12: by Blight (new)

Blight (wolfcreed) | 132 comments Sounds interesting; sadly I only know of horror faun novels.

message 13: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Any chance at all this is Cloven Hooves?

I know, so few details are similar, but I thought I'd put it out there if there was a chance.

message 14: by Ket (new)

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Mimi, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 16: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19018 comments Kinda reminds me of Release, but that's way too new.