Cozy Mysteries discussion

Upcoming New Releases > February 2015

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (last edited Jan 25, 2015 04:02AM) (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3909 comments Mod
Here we go. This time I've included some cozy mysteries which will be published only in digital format, and some historical mysteries:

The Mad Catter (Whales and Tails Mystery #2) (ebook only)
Kathi Daley

As Gouda as Dead (Cheese Shop Mystery #6)
Avery Aames

Played by the Book (Novel Idea Mystery #4)
Lucy Arlington

Death of a Liar (Hamish Macbeth #31)
M.C. Beaton

Mrs. Jeffries and the One Who Got Away (A Victorian Mystery #34)
Emily Brightwell

Dead Man Walker (Consignment Shop Mystery #3,5) (ebook only)
Duffy Brown

Murder in the Queen's Garden (An Elizabethan Mystery #3) (Historical mystery)
Amanda Carmack

A Root Awakening (Flower Shop Mystery #16)
Kate Collins

An Early Wake (County Cork Mystery #3)
Sheila Connolly

Fry Another Day (A Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mystery #2)
J.J. Cook

Darned If You Do (A Needlecraft Mystery #18)
Monica Ferris

By Book or By Crook: A Lighthouse Library Mystery (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #1)
Eva Gates

Town in a Sweet Pickle (Candy Holliday Mystery #6)
B.B. Haywood

License to Dill (A Pickled & Preserved Mystery #2)
Mary Ellen Hughes

At the Drop of a Hat (A Hat Shop Mystery #3)
Jenn McKinlay

Deadly in High Heels (High Heels #9) (ebook only)
Gemma Halliday

February Fever (Murder by Month #10)
Jess Lourey

Death and the Redheaded Woman (Auction Block #1)
Loretta Ross

Drawing Conclusions (Sketch in Crime #1)
Deirdre Verne

Puppies in Paradise (Tj Jensen Paradise Lake #5) (ebook only)
Kathi Daley

Chicken Soup Homicide (Culinary Competition #2) (ebook only)
Janel Gradowski

Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #13)
Laurie R. King

A Murder of Magpies
Judith Flanders

Double Fudge Brownie Murder (Hannah Swensen #18)
Joanna Fluke

Murder with Fried Chicken and Waffles (A Mahalia Watkins Soul Food Mystery #1)
A.L. Herbert

Flamenco Flan and Fatalities (Happy Hoofers Mystery #2)
Mary McHugh

A Healthy Homicide (A Blossom Valley Mystery #4)
Staci McLaughlin

Stiff Penalty (A Mattie Winston Mystery #6)
Annelise Ryan

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 2445 comments Thanks!

message 3: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina The Book Lover | 388 comments Thanks for the information!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (resort) | 138 comments Thanks, Marisa, for mentioning my LICENSE TO DILL License to Dill by Mary Ellen Hughes It's great to be on a list of so many great cozies!

Mary Ellen Hughes

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I've got 8 of these on order!

message 6: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 142 comments looks like I have some new authirs to check out.

message 7: by Nell (last edited Feb 07, 2015 04:31AM) (new)

Nell | 1179 comments I noticed that for two of the new releases by favorite authors the Kindle price went up from $5.99 pre-release to $7.99 on the day of publication!! :/
At the Drop of a Hat by Jenn McKinlay A Root Awakening (A Flower Shop Mystery #16) by Kate Collins

It's probably a common practice and I know the price will drop again. If I want it sooner I'll get if at B&N. I'm not paying paperback prices for an e-book. I can trade the PB.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Nell wrote: "I noticed that for two of the new releases by favorite authors the Kindle price went up from $5.99 pre-release to $7.99 on the day of publication!! :/
At the Drop of a Hat by Jenn McKinlay [boo..."

As you guessed, it's common practice and the reason why I pre-order my paperbacks a couple of months ahead of time (they discount the PB too). I had to go a couple of months out because some publishers would announce a release date but actually release the book earlier and I was missing out on those price cuts. :-\

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Varadan | 21 comments Pre-ordering is a good idea, because they really do keep to the original price. (My own book can be pre-ordered now. It comes out June 15th.) It's a middle grade mystery involving Sherlock Holmes. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to provide websites, and such in these discussions, so I won't unless I learn differently. But the issue has made me mindful that I should pre-order, too, for some of the new releases of favorite cozy mystery writers.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Varadan | 21 comments Marisa wrote: "Here we go. This time I've included some cozy mysteries which will be published only in digital format, and some historical mysteries:

The Mad Catter (Whales and Tails Mystery #2) ..."

I'm a great Mrs. Jeffries series fan, and Flamenco and Flan looks really interesting. (I love anything to do with Spain.)

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Varadan | 21 comments ❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes) wrote: "Nell wrote: "I noticed that for two of the new releases by favorite authors the Kindle price went up from $5.99 pre-release to $7.99 on the day of publication!! :/
[bookcover:At the Drop of a Hat|2..."

Oh, dear, I think I posted my reply in the wrong place. It probably ended up as a post instead of a reply. Yes, I think it's a very good idea to pre-order, as the price does remain the same.

message 12: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1179 comments ❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes) wrote: "Nell wrote: "I noticed that for two of the new releases by favorite authors the Kindle price went up from $5.99 pre-release to $7.99 on the day of publication!! :/
[bookcover:At the Drop of a Hat|2..."

The price dropped back to $5.99 this week so the increase lasted about a week. I got a price alert on www.ereaderiq.com and downloaded both of them. The time period varies though so it's something to keep in mind.

message 13: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 227 comments Feeling happy and excited about the new books :-) Thanks for the list...!

message 14: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 227 comments Ramla Zareen wrote: "Feeling happy and excited about the new books :-) Thanks for the list...!"

By the way, I believe "How Now Purple Cow" by "Marja McGraw" was also released recently in February, 2015.

message 15: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 227 comments Ramla Zareen wrote: "Ramla Zareen wrote: "Feeling happy and excited about the new books :-) Thanks for the list...!"

By the way, I believe "How Now Purple Cow" by "Marja McGraw" was also released recently in February,..."

Moreover, I would like to share that I have recently discovered that "The Deep End" by "Julie Mulhern" was also released in February, 2015.