What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. childhood book: Girl goes on journey, takes figurine in bag, figurine talks and is her companion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

thewitchywarrior | 1 comments I read this book when i was probably between the ages of 8 and 12. It is about a young girl who goea on a journey. Before she leave home she takes a figure/nicknack from her home and puts it in her bag.the figurine talk and is he companion. they tavel through a forest and follow the needles on the forest floor. She also has to travel through a valley of aharp rocks and climbs up a mountain. Thats pretty much what i can remeber but i remeber loving the book. I have my own kids now i want to share it with them.

message 2: by Sallie (new)

Sallie (salliev) | 28 comments "The Farthest-Away Mountain" by Lynn Reid Banks
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Dakin is fifteen years old girl who sets off on a journey to a mountain with colored snow. She packs a small bronze statue of a man, who becomes her companion when one of her tears falls on the figurine.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Cwyler, please add plot details to your header.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Cwyler, was Sallie's suggestion your book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments I know this is abandoned, but The Farthest-Away Mountain for sure. Everything matches.

message 7: by Jc (new)

Jc Sales | 1 comments I have been looking everywhere for this book! Thank you so much for providing the title!