What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)
This topic is about Raphael
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED - Vampire Romance/Urban Fantasy - female lead called in to deal with an assault on important vampire's estate [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shadowsedge17 (last edited Jan 24, 2015 11:00PM) (new)

Shadowsedge17 | 2 comments I think I read it four or five years ago. It was a paranormal romance (light on the romance) with vampires. Modern day setting. I think it began with the premise that there had been some sort of tactical assault/invasion on a rich/lord/king vampire's home, (which had been successfully defeated/repelled by the residents) and somehow the main female character had been called in about it in the aftermath. Maybe as an interrogator?

Also, toward the end, I seem to remember the heroine ended up maybe kidnapped? Something about a car, and maybe travel toward the border. She might have rescued herself without any outside aid.

It might have been the first book in a series. If so, I think the second book had the same main characters. And the ending wasn't a happily-ever-after romance between male and female leads, but more the set-up for a sequel.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 280 comments Long shot but maybe the first Anita Blake novel? Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 3: by Jiji (new) - rated it 1 star

Jiji | 8 comments I am thinking "Raphael (Vampires in America)". I don't know about the end though. But I remember the compound has been breached and the female main character was called to help with the investigation. She is a private investigator

message 4: by Shadowsedge17 (new)

Shadowsedge17 | 2 comments It was indeed Raphael! Thank you so much. ^_^

(also, thanks Michele for the suggestion).

I know I'm supposed to "shelve" this somehow, so I'll go fiddle around with the settings and see if I can figure out how.

Thanks again!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Added the URL of this thread to the "why this book?" box on the shelving. (That's the only way shelvings can stay connected to threads.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Guilty Pleasures (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurell K. Hamilton (other topics)