Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 121: January 26-February 1 (Movie Books)

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (last edited Jan 24, 2015 10:22PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Since the new year just began I thought it might be fun to read a book that is being made into a movie or a book you think should be made in to movie.

Here are 3 lists for you to look at: see books here

I also found these online that will be made into movies in 2015 or 2016:

The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Paper Towns by John Green Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins PART II Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) by Seth Grahame-Smith World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome! I love book 1. :o)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jan 24, 2015 10:05PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments oooh! I love it! Um...let's see *digs through piles of books*

hmmm...Let me look! I'll be back! LOL

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "oooh! I love it! Um...let's see *digs through piles of books*

hmmm...Let me look! I'll be back! LOL"

LOL You crack me up! I take you you are feeling better? (I hope!)

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments meh. I'm trying to feel better :(
I hate being sick....

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, I'm still sending good thoughts your way. :o)

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments awww, thank you!!! I'm still digging for a movie book lol

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Dig away! :o) I have a few ideas myself, but I'm undecided. For one, I've never read The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger but I've heard lots of good things about it.

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments By the way they are making a movie of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) by Seth Grahame-Smith World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

message 10: by Katherine (last edited Jan 25, 2015 08:53AM) (new)

Katherine | 2849 comments I'll be reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven , which has been optioned for a movie starring Elle Fanning.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow! That was a GREAT book!!! I hope you love it, too! :)

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I want to read Still Alice by Lisa Genova . Since you told me how much it has affected your life, I've been planning to read it. Hopeful I'll have time to read SOMETHING next week :) Wish me luck :*

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I want to read Still Alice by Lisa Genova. Since you told me how much it has affected your life, I've been planning to read it. Hopeful I'll have time to read SOMETHING next week :) Wish me lu..."

I do wish you luck and I hope you appreciate the book as much as I did! The movie isn't even playing in my area, but I sure hope it comes soon and doesn't skip us altogether.

message 14: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Good luck

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks guys :) This week I have read like 10 pages which is very pathetic.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sometimes our lives and important things have to be our priority! We know you love reading, Gis! I hope you get to read more this week, but I certainly understand your dilemma!

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :) You always have the right things to say. And that's why I love you lol

There are a lot to do at the moment, but I have finished most of them. So it might be possible that I will have more time to read :D

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: ":) You always have the right things to say. And that's why I love you lol

There are a lot to do at the moment, but I have finished most of them. So it might be possible that I will have more time..."

Aweeee, thanks, Gis! And you know I love you! :o) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that this week goes smoother (reading-wise). (((hugs)))

message 19: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) by Ally Carter This is a series I would love to see as a movie. :)

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Mehsi, I hope you love book 2!

message 21: by Molly (new)

Molly (weasley3) I choose; The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lovegreen (lynn_lovegreen) Molly, that's one of my favorite books! :-)

message 23: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I have been meaning to read The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger for a while now. I have heard lots of good things.

message 24: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Does it work if I read a book that has ALREADY been made into a movie?

message 25: by Georgie (new)

Georgie Chiu (iamgeorgie) | 14 comments I choose Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins :D

message 26: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments hmmm...I may read Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.1) by Marissa Meyer as I want this series to be made into movies.

message 27: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I finished: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) by Ally Carter 3 stars. It wasn't that good sadly. :(

message 28: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments I went with The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan 1/27 (4 stars) because of the popularity of Rick Riordan's books and especially the Percy Jackson series, perhaps it WILL one day be made into a movie!

message 29: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2849 comments I finished my pick!!!

I gave All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven 3 stars. It was OK, but I fail to see all the hype surrounding it. But I still enjoyed it.

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Katherine, I loved that book! All I can say is that we are all so different in our interests and type of writing we appreciate, etc. I'm glad you didn't hate it at least! :)

message 31: by Kim (new)

Kim I am going to go with The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman . I didn't know this book was going to be made into a movie.

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kay wrote: "I am going to go with The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. I didn't know this book was going to be made into a movie."

Awesome! There are quite a few!

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Rowland | 14 comments I read the first two books in "The Maze Runner" series love it can't wait to watch the movie! I am now reading" The Pretty Little Liars" series not sure if a television series counts. I also read" The War Of The Worlds". I saw the movie as a kid. Also read "White Fang" I'm pretty sure that is a movie I just haven't seen it yet if it is. I read "Peter Pan" which was truly amazing to read because watching the movie I missed quite a bit of details and reading the book gave me a whole new perspective of the story. Last but not least I read the final book in "The Hunger Games" series called "Mockingjay", great trilogy I recommend that and all other books I mentioned in this comment. (:

message 34: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Andrea wrote: "I read the first two books in "The Maze Runner" series love it can't wait to watch the movie! I am now reading" The Pretty Little Liars" series not sure if a television series counts. I also read" ..."

Wow! That's a lot of good books! :o)

message 35: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I really want to read Paper Towns. Hopefully it's a good one :)

message 36: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Krista, I hope you love it.

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris K. | 334 comments I'm reading this week Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

I just want them to be movies .. Does that work

message 38: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, it works! :)

message 39: by Chris (new)

Chris K. | 334 comments Thanks I'm glad I could participate into this challenge ^_^

message 40: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad too, Chris! This challenge really can cover any book since you can read a book you want to see become a movie. :)

message 41: by Chris (new)

Chris K. | 334 comments oh Yes I notice it now ..That's a clever idea
Thanks to you ,Vicki for you are the one who made this challenge

message 42: by Jess (last edited Jan 30, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

Jess | 780 comments I read Waiting for Summer's Return (Ollenberger, #1) by Kim Vogel Sawyer this isn't a movie but I wish it was. :)
I like romance books/movies

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments ha! I read mine REALLY late. is a week to late??
lol

I read Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Delaney
and it was wonderful! 4 stars!

the trailer is here: http://youtu.be/TXiNkOjM7oM

message 44: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, that trailer looks REALLY good! I'm glad you enjoyed your book and it's never too late! :o)

Shhhhh...I haven't read mine yet. ;o)