✎ 1x1 RPs ✎ discussion

1x1 > let's just be friends, okay? [ali & impala]

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 24, 2015 09:45PM) (new)

[ let's just be friends, okay? ]

Muse A is the type of person who is friendly to most everyone. They are fairly easy to get along with, however they only have a close circle of good friends. They live practically a normal sophmore student life, until they notice the "invisible" person at the back of the classroom. This person, Muse B, constantly has their head down, hair swooped over their eyes, and headphones shoved in their ears. Many don't even notice them and the few that do, don't bother talking to them. One could describe Muse B as, in the times where one has tried to make even normal conversation, cold.

This person captures, the ever-so-friendly Muse A's attention. They become almost obsessive in trying to talk to this person, to reach the ultimate goal of friends. In the first few times, Muse A is swiftly and somewhat politely rejected- as their attempts usually end in Muse B ducking their head, muttering a sorry, and walking away. After several more tries, Muse B finally shouts, "I just don't want to make friends!", and makes their getaway.

Still, persisant as Muse A is, they keep trying. And, little by little, they get Muse B to show more and more of their kindness, even if it is only a little. But, even friendships have their complications- especially when they realize that some secrets are easier kept in closed pill bottles.

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments Hey ^-^ replying before I go to sleep
So, I think I'm going to make Muse B a female, and your character can be either gender. ^-^
Or, if you think Muse B would work better as a male, I'm down with that too

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm good with either. I was thinking Muse A is a girl. Cause that's how I see it in my head

Are we doing a basic character sheet?

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments actual last post this time.

We could have them both be girls, and maybe emphasize the fact that its a friendship and not like a dating relationship. Since, there aren't many roleplays that don't have some type of dating relationship.

If you want to,.then sure ^-^

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that idea. And you're right, there aren't that many out there like that.

We don't have to. I just wanted to ask cause every person is different in how they do rps.

message 6: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Jan 25, 2015 06:46AM) (new)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments I think it'll be easier just to begin roleplay without characters ^-^ maybe just get an appearance for them in the first roleplay post.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Okie dokie. Who shall post first?

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments I will ^-^ I'll post right after this

message 9: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Jan 25, 2015 01:35PM) (new)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments
Colette trudged into the quiet school building- late, as usual. Her small hand clutched onto a note from the attendance office, excusing her tardy. On her back, was her black bag, which held her school books, as well as other books she stuck her nose in during lunch. Her footsteps seemed to echo in the halls. She was alone- as usual. She guessed it was just the way she liked it.

Pausing at the door, to her classroom, she took a breath. She knew that when she walked in there, no one would even think to glance at her. No one would wonder why she was late. It was the same all the time, so she shouldn't waste time thinking about it. Turning the knob to the classroom, she stepped in, placing the note on the teacher's desk. She turned, making her way to the back of the classroom, where she sat. Like she had guessed, no one even bothered to glance her way.

As Colette dropped into her seat, her dark brown hair swished over her eyes. The teacher continued to talk, but soon the word she hated most drifted to her ears. Groups. Other students would pair up, and she would be left, sitting in the back to do the group work by herself. It wasn't that she minded being by herself- it definitely was easier than trying to deal with other people. It was just awkward to say the least. She was sure it made for another topic for people to talk about- if they even thought to talk about her.

As the teacher began assigning papers to different groups, Colette just began digging through her bag- searching for her headphones. The teacher spoke to her, but she wasn't really listening. She just nodded and smiled and took the paper he was handing her.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Makenzie got excited when the teacher said that they were going to be doing a group project. She turned towards her friends as they all began to discuss who was going to be in what group. Makenzie was about to say who she wanted to be partnered with, when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

It was a girl who was pulling headphones out of her bag and paying no attention to the teacher who was standing right in front of her. She couldn't exactly remember the girl's name but she thought it started with a 'C'. She got up from her group of friends and went over to the girl. Her friends didn't stop talking but they all rolled their eyes, used to her doing this kind of thing.

Makenzie stopped in front of the girl and smiled down at her. "I'm Makenzie. Do you want to be partners? I know group projects totally suck, but I promise I do the work I'm supposed to do."

Colette almost didn't look up at the girl who began to speak to her. She wasn't used to people talking to her, so she almost dismissed it as someone talking nearby her. After the words registered in her head, she glanced up, her eyes flashing in surprise for a split second before they faded back to normal. It was unusual alright. This person wanted to be partners with her?

But, Colette being her usual loner self, just smiled. "I would actually prefer to work by myself on this. Sorry." She told her in a rather monotone voice, with a shrug of her shoulders. It wasn't that she didn't appriciate the girl's attempt, but Colette just didn't have friends. She had her reasons. As much as she sometimes hated being the loner and as much as she thought about having friends, it was just something she couldn't do. She was meant not to be noticed.

(view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Makenzie just smiled even wider at the girl. "Are you sure? This is a huge project and we only have, like, a week to get it done. I know I couldn't do it all by myself. It'll be fun." Her friends were looking over at them now. She could feel them watching her but she didn't care. She liked meeting new people and making new friends. Besides, only one of the girls over there was a really, really close friend. "My mom makes the best brownies. I bet I can get her to make us some while we work on the project." she offered.

(view spoiler)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments (view spoiler)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

By this time now, Colette was getting a little uncomfortable. By now, most people usually left her alone. They would realize she wasn't going to budge in her decision, and then they just left. But this girl just kept standing there, smiling even wider than she was before. "Listen, I appreciate the offer, but I would really rather just work by myself on this one." She told the girl, albeit quietly, hoping that would seal the deal.

By this time Colette was noticing that the girl's friends now had their eyes on the two. Still, the girl was standing, saying something about her mom's brownies. Or something. "I'm alright, I'll work by myself." She said quickly, but tried to keep it firm. She could almost hear the words that were to come about this- cold. Pushing out of her chair, and standing, she glanced over at the teacher. "I'd like to go to the bathroom, please." She said. As soon as the teacher nodded, she ducked her head and walked out of the classroom.

(view spoiler)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2015 12:30PM) (new)

Makenzie watched as Colette got up and went to the bathroom. She turned to their teacher and smiled at him. "We're going to be partners. I'll tell her after class," she said and then sat down with her friends again. They teased her about how she was always making new friends and she smiled and laughed with them.

After class, Makenzie walked up to Colette. "Mr. Jackson said that we're going to be partners." She handed her a slip of paper. "Here's my phone number and address. Come by my house tonight around four and we'll get started on the project." Then she turned and caught up with her friends as they walked to their next class.

message 17: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:41AM) (new)

Colette couldn't help but to narrow her eyes a little at Mackenzie as she came to her. Hadn't her scene earlier been enough to warn the girl off? But, sadly, no. As the girl handed her the slip of paper, she glanced down at it, and glanced back up at the girl. She was about to say something- about to reject once more, but then the girl was off again. Staring down at the piece of paper once more, she sighed. Well, there isn't much I can do about it if Mr. Jackson assigned us as partners.

Folding the paper, Colette slipped it in her bookbag. Mackenzie was still walking off, with her friends. Maybe the two working together wouldn't be as bad as she thought. It was only a project- it wasn't like she signed up to be friends with the girl, or anything. She wondered, though, why the girl kept coming asking about the project. Most people just left it alone. "I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with me." She said, although Mackenzie was too far to hear.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

That night, Makenzie set out her laptop and the textbook and some other things she thought they would need to work on the project. She really hoped that Colette would come tonight. She felt bad that she had lied to her about Mr. Jackson saying that they were partners but there was nothing she could do about it now. Plus, it was the only way that she was going to get her to agree to come.

She walked around the counter to the brownies that were cooking and took one, pinching a bite of it off and popping it into her mouth. When she heard the doorbell ring, she skipped over to the door and opened it with a smile.

Colette stood at the door, looking much like she normally looked. It wasn't like in movies and books where after school the person changes into a much different, better person. She was just there, with hair swooping down in front of her face, her lips drawn in a tight line. After a breath, she rung the doorbell, shifting her weight from foot to foot. It was no time at all before Makenzie opened the door, wearing the same smile that she wore earlier. People really don't change.

"Hi," She said quietly, stepping in the house. The first thing that hit her nose was the smell of the brownies. She really wasn't kidding about the brownies. Colette thought quietly. Slipping her bag off of her shoulder, she dug through it for a moment, pulling out the piece of paper. "So, is this the assignment?" She asked, holding it up. She felt a little embarrassed by the fact that she hadn't actually read the paper the teacher had given her earlier- so, she didn't know what it was about.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hi!" Makenzie said, still smiling. "Come on, I've got some stuff set up in the kitchen." She turned and walked towards the kitchen, her long brown hair swinging behind her as she did so. She didn't look to see if Colette followed her. "I hope you like brownies. And my mom made us some shepherd's pie for dinner later if you're hungry," she called out over her shoulder as she went to the kitchen.

In regards to the paper Colette pulled out, she said, "Yes. We have to write a poem about the painting 'The Lady of Shalott' by John William Waterhouse which is based on the poem of the same title by Tennyson." She picked up her copy of the assignment and looked at it. "Mr. Jackson wants us to base our poem on what we see in the painting and give him background on what's going on in the painting and why."

"Oh, okay." Colette told her, staring down at the assignment. "May I?" She asked, dropping down at the laptop. She typed the title in the search engine, bringing up the picture on one tab. The poem was on the back of their paper. She was here to work- and the sooner they got this done, the sooner Colette could be by herself. The sooner there wasn't the risk of having friends. Staring at the painting, she was silent for a few moments as she studied it with a careful eye. She didn't say anything, just sighed.

After a moment longer of studying it, Colette spoke up. "She looks lonely," She said. The girl in the picture was all by herself, in the middle of some pond. "But, she doesn't look like she's happy about it." She took a breath, glancing up at Makenzie. "Maybe she's waiting for someone?" It was the first time that Colette had seen the painting- she had no clue if Mr. Jackson had showed it in class when she wasn't there, or wasn't paying any attention. It was just a pure guess, with her first impression being this.

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 27, 2015 11:52AM) (new)

"Of course. Oh, would you like something to drink?" Makenzie said and she picked up her brownie and took another bite as she walked over to the table to site with Colette. She looked at the picture that Colette had brought up. Their teacher hadn't shown them the picture during class, so this was the first time that she was seeing it. She studied it for a few moments.

"She does look sad. Almost like she's going to be going on a journey to find someone." She ate a bite of her brownie.

"I'm fine, but thanks." Colette said, glancing at Makenzie as she sat next to her. So far, it wasn't going so bad. They were just talking about the painting- about school work. When Makenzie spoke once more, she nodded. "I wonder who she's trying to find," She said quietly, almost to herself. "I wonder if it's someone she loves, or someone who loves her." She finished, then cleared her throat, turning to grab her handout, then scanned it once more. She began digging through her bookbag, and found a piece of paper.

"Now, for the poem." Colette said, staring down at their blank paper. "Any ideas?" To be truthful, she had never written a poem before. Well, she had, for class assignments, but they had never been anything good. And, for this, she felt like she should actually try, especially since she was working with someone else. Colette may not like being around people all the time, but she wasn't a complete jerk.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ok," Makenzie said. She looked at the picture again, trying to think of what they could write as a poem about this. "It kind of looks like she's mourning something doesn't it? Maybe a lover or something. You know, it kind of reminds me of that song that came out a, like, five years ago I think. That country group with the girl and her brothers?"

She pulled her laptop over and her eyebrows came together in concentration as she opened up a new tab and started looking for what she was talking about. "Oh! Here we go. Take a look at this," she said, turning the laptop so that Colette could see.

message 25: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Jan 27, 2015 12:53PM) (new)

Colette nodded quickly. Mourning someone seemed about right. Losing a loved one, it seemed. She nodded, even though she didn't really know the song that Makenzie was talking about. She squinted at the screen that the girl had turned toward her. Something about what was on the screen was tugging at the back of her mind. She nodded, actually knowing the song this time. "Oh, I remember that song." She said, glancing off. "My younger sister used to sing it all the time." She didn't mention she didn't talk to her younger sister anymore- for all she knew the younger girl could still be singing it now.

(view spoiler)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I didn't know you had a little sister," Makenzie said casually. She looked at the painting and said, "Ok, so maybe we could start it like this:
Out on the water,

Then she laughed. "I can't think of anything else right now," she giggled. "I had something really good and now I can't remember it." She sighed and looked down at what she had written.

(view spoiler)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 41 comments (view spoiler)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 29: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Jan 29, 2015 03:55PM) (new)

"It's fine," Colette said, staring down at the paper. One line down, only twenty-some more to go. Then, she could go home and not have to worry about the project, or keeping from getting friends, or anything. She could just put her headphones in and leave it at that. "It's probably better than what I could come up with, anyway." She admitted. After another moment of thought, her fingers druming on her leg quietly, she scribbled the next line below the first one Makenzie wrote.
She lies in wait,

It wasn't great- Colette definitely knew that. She couldn't write poems to save her life. "It's not much," she said, shrugging, "but its a start." After another lapse of silence, she glanced at Makenzie. "If you remember the lines you had, feel free to put those there." She said.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Makenzie tapped her pen on her chin, thinking of what would be something good to have in their poem. Her eyebrows furrowed till they nearly came together and her mouth was set in a frown. Then, her face brightened as she thought of something.
Out on the water
She lies in wait
For the who will never come.

She floats down the river
And her hope of finding him
Slowly slips away.

She nodded to herself and looked up at Colette. "Hmm, what do you think of that so far? We only have to have four more stanzas. Oh! If there's anything you want to change feel free to. I'm terrible at writing poetry."