Bookclubbing with Holly discussion

Currently Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollybygollybooks) | 15 comments What is everybody reading right now!? And what are your thoughts on what you are reading at the moment!?

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollybygollybooks) | 15 comments I'm currently reading The Martian by Andy Weir and Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott.

I only have 100 pages left of The Martian, but for some reason it just hasn't been keeping me interested like it was when I first started the book! I don't know if maybe I'm just not in the mood to read any more of the science, but I'm hoping that I will be able to just push through and finish those last 100 pages!

Then I started Fire & Flood today and I'm only on about page 30 and I'm loving it so far! It gripped my attention right from the beginning and I'm just really eager to go further into the story! I have heard nothing but great things about it so I am just really excited!

message 3: by Salwa (new)

Salwa (_readingsolace) | 1 comments I'm readingThe Eighth Guardian, the first installment of the Annum Guard series and I'm loving it so far. It's so intense and fast-paced. Plus the heroine's such a bad-ass b*tch. I'm putting it on hold for a few days though because of school. :'(

message 4: by Sanja (new)

Sanja  | 6 comments Hi, i'm currently reading Legend by Marie Lu and i'm on page 80 (because i have put it down but i'll be reading it again) *so this is the first time ever i'm describing a book and hopefully i'll describe it right* So i'm only 80 pages in but it has gripped my attention, i think it's fast paced but that could only be me because it has that -you want to read more and not put it down until you finish it- :) so i'm looking forward to see how this goes :)i have to mention that it is my very first dystopian but i'm loving it so far

message 5: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (trnjoanna) I'm reading the 5th Wave, it's interesting but I'm not really into it. I'll probably write a full review but now, I'm just nah.

message 6: by Mélan (new)

Mélan I'm currently reading "Obsidian" by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and for now i'm lovin it :)

message 7: by Olena (new)

Olena Patsevko (deardeerdrinkduff) Harry Potter (5th part), and beautiful darkness

message 8: by Olena (new)

Olena Patsevko (deardeerdrinkduff) Harry Potter (5th part), and beautiful darkness

message 9: by Olena (new)

message 10: by rory (new)

rory gilmore (rorygiimore) I'm reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer! I just finished Cinder and I'm so excited to start reading this next one.

I'm also reading the first part of a Storm of Swords, in the Song of Ice and Fire series... Trying to get through this series before the fifth season of the TV show starts. It's difficult but good!

message 11: by Luz (new)

Luz Ruybal (Luz26) | 4 comments I am actually reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I challanged myself to read books that are being turned into movies this year :) but I would love more recommendations! I need to read more >:D

message 12: by Makayla (new)

Makayla (Allikay29) | 5 comments I just finished Before I Die by Jenny Downham and I'm not quite sure why I started it in the first place, I saw it on goodreads the other day and found the ebook so... Anyways it is one of those books that makes you think about life and death and so on and it's really sad, so if you couldn't get through The Fault in our Stars there's no way you could get through this. I am currently watching it's movie adaptation which I found out it had because my library only had the movie and not the book! What??? Maybe because it's british/UK book What do you call it exactly? I have no idea. But I can relate to (I'm going to call you british just to define it okay?) british people because you guy use weird words and us southerners use weird words :) And I have no idea what to read now. . .

message 13: by Makayla (new)

Makayla (Allikay29) | 5 comments Olena wrote: "Harry Potter (5th part), and beautiful darkness"

Tell me if you like Beautiful darkness I had to put it down because I saw a spoiler but hope to pick it back up!

message 14: by thegirlonfire (new)

thegirlonfire | 2 comments yesterday i finished hex hall and today i started the 100 book from the 100 tv show, the tv show is really good, and the book is quite different from the tv show

message 15: by Michal (new)

Michal Faith (michalfaith) | 1 comments I just finished reading Heir of Fire, the third book in the Throne of Glass Series, and I don't even know what to say. IT GAVE ME SO MANY FEELS!!! I have to know what happens next!!!!

message 16: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Bobby (ohjohnnybobby) | 1 comments I'm in a really bad reading slump and the reason i think I'm in a slump every month is because I read so many at one time now that when it comes to the end of the month I'm beat. Lol. That was the reason why I couldn't read 'the winners curse'. I got four chapters in and couldn't read it!

So currently, I'm half way through The Young Elites by Marie Lu and Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Both books are fantastic so I'm hoping it gets me out of this "monthly" slump. Lol

The Young Elites is my very first fantasy read and I'm loving it so much so far!

ALLEGIANT is great, but I was spoiled on what happens in the book so I think that's why I'm not to excited to get through it quickly. Nonetheless, I'm liking it.

Victoria (thepetitebookblogger) (thepetitebookblogger) I am reading The Squad by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and I'm not really liking it I think my main problem with it is the the main character Toby.

message 18: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Miller (galakra) | 2 comments I got a free copy from a new book "Miramont's Ghost", it is one of the free E-books that amazon gives you for review, and so far is not bad :)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 19: by Matty (new)

Matty | 2 comments I'm rereading The Long Walk!(: I'm currently in a terrible reading slump/: so I'm hoping rereading my favorite book will get me out of it(: lol

message 20: by Mia (new)

Mia Douglass | 1 comments I'm reading three different books, which is sort of an issue, because I don't like reading more than one book at a time, and I'm not quite sure how it even happened in the first place.

1. The first book I'm reading is for class. I'm taking a Historical Fiction class this semester, and we are reading All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque. It's set during WWI and written from the perspective of the main character, Paul, a german soldier. I'm about halfway through it and it's pretty good. There is some disturbing imagery throughout and its depressing but the language is beautiful, almost poetic at times.

2. Next is Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. This is more of a middle grade novel, but I've been trying to read books that I should have read a long time ago, and Artemis falls into that category. The book is about a twelve year old criminal mastermind preforming a heist to steal money from fairies. It's aimed a little younger than the books I normally read, but I've been meaning to get into it for years, so I decided to give it a shot.

3. And finally, the book I've been most avidly reading lately, The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Oh My God, this book is SO FREAKING GOOD. I'm all for apocalyptic turmoil, I just think that in pop culture nowadays, it's a little bit overdone. But then i read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and it completely changed my mind on what apocalyptic literature can be, so I decide to read more of the genre, starting with The 5th wave and I am loving it. In the book, aliens have taken over the earth and are wiping out all the humans, i don't want to go into too much detail, lest I spoil it for someone, but ugh, it's fantastic.

message 21: by Brittany (last edited Mar 05, 2015 10:59AM) (new)

Brittany (thebookaddictedreader) | 2 comments I'm reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and it's probably one of the coolest books I've ever read. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves video games/ alternate realities, and the eighties. It's full of eighties pop culture. I love it. I'm in love with plenty of eighties movies. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline