Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

NEW BOOKS!!!!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Payton Schurr Hi really need a new and really good series to read. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen I just finished reading the Iron King series. That one is pretty good.

Lisa Corbett Have you read the Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy (with a follow-up, stand alone, 4th book) by Maggie Steifvater? Linger, Shiver, Forever...I think that is the order. Anyway. FABULOUS! They are werewolf books, but seriously awesome, not cheesy. Steifvater is a great writer. I'm getting ready to start another of her series that starts with a book called Raven Boys. Can't wait!

Maria The Lux series is really good!

Clàudia Legend by Marie Lu
The hunger games by Suzanne Collins
Beautiful disaster by Jamie McGuire

Shiah The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (Trilogy)
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown (Standalone)
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno (Standalone)
Made For You by Melissa Marr (Standalone)
The Way We Fall By Megan Crewe (Trilogy)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Trilogy)
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (Standalone)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Standalone)

Lorelei We Were Liars

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

If you are into apocalyptic road trip stories in which a bunch of kids develop crazy abilities, you should read The Darkest Minds. Definitely one of my favourites :)

Salome The Darkest Minds is my top pick, especially if you like Dystopian. The Lux series and the Sweet trilogy are good PNRs if you prefer that. The Legend series is also a good dystopian.

Salome Tessa wrote: "If you are into apocalyptic road trip stories in which a bunch of kids develop crazy abilities, you should read The Darkest Minds. Definitely one of my favourites :)"

I'm reading that series right now and can't put it down!!

message 11: by Mae (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mae If you can identify specific reasons you like Divergent (is it the setting, characters, romance, etc.) I can be of more help, otherwise I'll give my standard science-fiction recommendation.
I don't know that I can make an unbiased recommendation, but here's a few books/authors I really enjoy that stick with the science-fiction dystopian theme: Isaac Asimov (I recommend Robot Dreams to start out, but all of his stories are very thought provoking and fun), Ray Bradbury (yes, Fahrenheit 451, but also short stories), and Jane Yolen's Pit Dragon Chronicles. Typically people like Divergent because of its accessibility for the young adult audience so I've tried to keep with some lighter books in my recommendation, but if you are more confident, I also really enjoy Jules Verne and H.G. Wells (the 'classic' science fiction writers). I could add 1984 and Brave New World to this list, but they're fairly standard these days. Also, since Dystopia is depressing, you can read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to make you feel better.

Sarah Lorelei wrote: "We Were Liars"

Awesome book!

message 13: by Demi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Demi Reddman Payton wrote: "Hi really need a new and really good series to read. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would suggest to read this new book. It literally came out just a few months ago!! I'm getting the word out because a "rebellion is reviving." lol! I finished the novel in 3 days, and waiting for the next one to come out!!! Breakout A Storm is Coming. A Rebellion is Reviving. by Xavier Bronton

Lorelei Monument 14?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I was wondering about any series that are worth reading? I'm not very picky so any suggestions?

Lorelei Well I am reading blood red road at the moment by Moira Young.

Kelly Brigid ♡ Emma wrote: "I was wondering about any series that are worth reading? I'm not very picky so any suggestions?"

I loved the Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman. Maybe you could give it a try.

message 18: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I really like the elemental serious storm, spark, secret, I can't remember the fourth sacrifice is the fifth