Miss Jane Austen's Bookshelf discussion

Jane Austen
This topic is about Jane Austen
Introduction!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Berman (rachelberman) | 1 comments Hi all! I just joined Goodreads and this group. One of my favorite books is "Evelina" is Frances Burney. If you love Austen, I promise you'll love it because it was one of Jane's favorites! I have a novel coming out that (I hope) fits the bill for this category! Here's a brief description:

What if Jane Austen was secretly married? What if she had a baby whose descendants were still alive today? In Aerendgast, that’s what Violet Atherton has to find out, but she isn’t the only one interested in the famous authors’ secrets. Someone is willing to do whatever it takes to stop Violet from uncovering the truth.

Aerendgast: The Lost History of Jane Austen is coming out this February. Here's a link to my blog: http://rachelberman.merytonpress.com/

Would love to chat about any and all things Austen and late 18th/early 19th century fiction :)

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean Sharp (sharp01) | 37 comments Hello, Rachel. Welcome to the group!

We read "Evelina" as part of the Miss Jane Austen's Book Club a year ago. I had read it as a teenager and enjoyed re-reading it many years later; I especially liked Burney's descriptions of 1770's London.

Have you read her other novels? ("Evelina" is the only one I've read so far.) Her journals and letters are also highly rated.

Thank you for letting us know about your Jane Austen novel. Sounds very interesting. I'll check out the blog site.