What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lost
This topic is about Lost
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Psychopathic brother, chow dog, fire event, sister [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Destiny Marie | 103 comments The kids grew up in an abusive household. The neighbors had a chow dog. The brother was in his tweets I think, while the girl was 8 I think. The boy sets their house on fire and helps his sister escape. She was put into the hospital. He came in at night a lot and one night he brought her clothes to try to get her out of there. I'm not sure what happened to her, but eventually she ran away from where she was and her brother was looking for her, and took the chow dog with him. His sister and him loved that dog. He eventually ran into trouble where a guy shot at the dog and the brother stabbed the dog just to end his suffering.
I read this book when I was in my tween/early teen years. It seemed like an older book.

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 186 comments Around what year did you read this?

Destiny Marie | 103 comments I would say over 5 years ago by now. The book couldn't have been made post 2005 just by the book itself.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Destiny, did you mean the brother was in his tweens, teens, or twenties?

Was the book for children, teens, or adults?
Genre: mystery, suspense, coming of age, etc?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?

Destiny Marie | 103 comments Tweens. I want to say he was between 8 & 13. The book was either for teens or adults. Genre had to have been a mystery. I can't remember the cover but I think it had a kid walking on a street at night. Time period was the 90s and I wouldn't presume it to be part of a series.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Lost Lost by Gary Devon
Description from Novelist: Tells the story of Sherman Abbot, a twelve-year-old psychopath who becomes murderously obsessed with stalking the lonely woman who "stole" his six-year-old sister.

Here are a few snippets from the Kirkus review:
[snippet]one night Sherman burns down the house, (view spoiler) Meanwhile, Sherman is on the loose, roaming the countryside with his neighbor's stolen dog a crazy beast that is half Chow, half timber wolf.[snippet]

Destiny Marie | 103 comments That's it!!! Thank you so much!!! I could love you forever

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments haha, you're welcome :D

message 9: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Since this is solved, could someone move it to the solved folder and add the book to the group shelves? Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lost (other topics)