What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Harlequin about a girl that marries her twins fiance

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tigersue) | 12 comments I loved the book, but I don't remember the name. It was about 2 sisters and the one convinced her twin to marry the man she was engaged to because she didn't want to become a mother to his daughter. The book was written in both the perspectives of the hero and heroine. I probably read it in the early to mid 1980's. I had a copy for years but lost it in a move.

message 2: by Cynthia (last edited Jan 24, 2015 04:46PM) (new)

message 3: by Cynthia (last edited Jan 24, 2015 04:55PM) (new)

Cynthia | 186 comments https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... This might prove to be more helpful actually.

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tigersue) | 12 comments Nope not on that list though some were very close.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Miss Mary's Husband by Emma Goldrick?

Tanya, is the husband aware of the switch?
How old is his daughter?

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tigersue) | 12 comments Yes, he is aware of the switch quickly, but he doesn't tell her at first. The daughter is fairly young. I would guess between 5 or 6. The biggest distinguishing part of the book is that the first part is written in the heroines view. Then if you turn the book around and start in the back you read it from the hero's point of view. It is a very clean book, one of the reasons I loved it, but also the unusual publication of both points of view.

message 7: by Kris (last edited Jan 25, 2015 05:32PM) (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Do you mean you flip/rotate the book, and read a second story from left-to-right?

I don't think it's on this Listopia of "double sided books" - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

message 8: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tigersue) | 12 comments No they are split exactly in half, but his story starts in the back of the book, her is in the front. So you have to turn the book around to read his story. You don't read them at the same time. It has been a long time since I had the copy in my hand, so it is possible that his started in the middle of the book, but it seemed to me that they were more bookend beginnings. Just one was in the front, and the other started in the back.

message 10: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tigersue) | 12 comments nope not it. Thanks for trying

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Tanya, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Tanya, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.