What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Medieval romance where the H takes the h (I think the families were enemies) to his castle and has to leave, but tells his family to take care of her. Their idea of taking care of her is to lock her in the dungeon and she's very ill when he returns

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Someone is looking for a medieval book. All she remembers is the following. I thought maybe it was Johanna Lindsey but she said no. Then suggested Jude Deveraux...maybe The Conquest? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

"I remember a medieval where the H takes the h (I think the families were enemies) to his castle and has to leave, but tells his family to take care of her. Their idea of taking care of her is to lock her in the dungeon and she's very ill when he returns. Does anyone remember the title or writer? It would make the "bad inlaws" hall of fame."

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Welp, I won't be complaining about my mother in law again!

Hopefully someone will be able help you find this book soon, it's not ringing a bell for me.

message 3: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Laurie wrote: "Welp, I won't be complaining about my mother in law again!"

Hahaha!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Around what year did you read this book?
Why does his family lock her in the dungeon?
Is it set in Scotland, England, etc.?

message 5: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Kris wrote: "Around what year did you read this book?
Why does his family lock her in the dungeon?
Is it set in Scotland, England, etc.?"

I'm not sure. Saw this posted on Amazon Forums and shared it here for her to see if anyone knew what it was.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
mad4rombks, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "mad4rombks, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

We're still looking for it. Do you happen to know the title?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No idea. But you can bump your thread every 2 months or so to get new members looking at it.

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 221 comments Sounds similar to "Daughter of the Forest," except they don't throw her in a dungeon, they try to burn her at the stake.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 10: by Jeeha (new)

Jeeha | 32 comments Hope you find this book. Looks interesting

message 11: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2376 comments Sort of similar to a part of Secret Fire by Johanna Lindsey. Hero takes her home but leaves her in his aunt's care. Aunt accuses her of stealing, has her caned, puts her with the servants. Was very ill for a while.

message 12: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Juels wrote: "Sort of similar to a part of Secret Fire by Johanna Lindsey. Hero takes her home but leaves her in his aunt's care. Aunt accuses her of stealing, has her caned, puts he..."

I suggested that too but the OP said that wasn't it.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 14: by mad4rombks (new)

mad4rombks | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

Yes, we're still looking for this.

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 91 comments Do you know how old the books might be? Like 80s or 90s or more recent?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Secret Fire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Johanna Lindsey (other topics)