2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
This topic is about Shatter Me
. Week 6: Author Under 30 > Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by QS (new) - rated it 1 star

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments The main character kills people with her touch! Why wouldn't I read this book? (Okay but that's literally all I know about it.)

Luisa (deborahluisa) Hello!!

This book is really good. The writing style is so unique! I hope you enjoy it! I will be reading the next book of this series, Unravel Me, this week.

I will keep up with your comments about this one!! :)

message 3: by QS (new) - rated it 1 star

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments I've heard good things about it, so hopefully it's better than my last few forays into YA. :)

Dorottya | 15 comments I choose this book for week 6 as well. I loved the writing style of the author and almost couldn't put it down :)
Although I give only 3/5 because of the dialogs were weak and the story was so cliché…
I really enjoyed it but won't read the following books :)

message 5: by QS (new) - rated it 1 star

QS (yodepalma) | 42 comments I don't think I can even finish this book. Thankfully, I forgot to plug in my Nook last night, so I totally have a legitimate excuse not to, right? ...Right? *moves on to next week's book*

Jenna | 3 comments I'm a little behind on the challenge, but I just finished Shatter Me, and it was just okay. I enjoy YAL, and I love post apocalyptic lit, but this book was a little much for me. The language was too poetic for me. The overuse of metaphors is what really killed it for me. I did like the ending because that's when I feel like the book changed from a love story to a post apocalyptic story. I will read her other books since I began them, but I hope it is more than just a love story.