The Sisterhood of the Booklions discussion

Book academy awards 2014-2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (last edited Jan 24, 2015 02:19PM) (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Please tell us your nominations and which category it is in.
The categories are:
Best book
Best male protagonist
Best female protagonist
Best supporting male character
Best supporting female character
Best cover
Best author
Best historical fiction/ non-fiction book
Best short story or novella
Best battle or action scene
Best book to movie adaptation
Best world or plot
Best plot twist

We will be sending out polls every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday starting on February 1st with the final poll on the day of the actual Academy Awards.
Happy Readings!

message 2: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 10 comments Best Author:
Shelby Bach, Brandon Mull, Rick Riordan
Best Female Protagonist:
Rory Landon (The Ever Afters)
Best Male Protagonist:
Percy Jackson

*That's it for now. Couldn't decide on the best author so I put 3.

message 3: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Mackenzie wrote: "Best Author:
Shelby Bach, Brandon Mull, Rick Riordan
Best Female Protagonist:
Rory Landon (The Ever Afters)
Best Male Protagonist:
Percy Jackson

*That's it for now. Couldn't decide on the best a..."

Thanks for your nominees!!! You can comment as many people or books as you like so three authors is great!

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 7 comments I believe that Celaena Sardothien from the throne of glass series should be nominated for the best female protagonists award!

message 5: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments YESSSSSS

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments Best plot twist- the infinite sea by Rick yancey

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 1 comments Best author: Andrew Smith
Best plot twist: The Iron Trial
Best short story: The Staff of Serapis by Rick Riordan
Best male protagonist: Percy Jackson
Best female protagonist: Celaena Sardothien
Best cover: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

that's all I could come up with for now…this is exhausting!

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 1 comments Best plot twist: The young elites
Best book cover: the bane chronicles
Best battle or action scene: Blood of Olympus
Best world or plot: City of Heavenly Fire
Best book to movie adaptation: Mockingjay Part 1
Best short story or novella: the selection stories
Best historical fiction/nonfiction book: can't think of any
Best supporting female character: Reyna (BOO) and izzy from (CoHF)
Best supporting male character: Enzo (young elites)
Best male protagonist: jace (CoHF)
Best female protagonist: Adelina (young elites)
Best author: Cassandra Clare
Best book: city of heavenly fire
Sorry I couldn't figure out what books came out last year so these are some.

message 9: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments All of these are fantastic!!!! I can't wait to check out some of the books you have all mentioned!

message 10: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Me too!

message 11: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Annie wrote: "Best plot twist- the infinite sea by Rick yancey"

ABSOLUTELY

message 12: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Olivia wrote: "Best plot twist: The young elites
Best book cover: the bane chronicles
Best battle or action scene: Blood of Olympus
Best world or plot: City of Heavenly Fire
Best book to movie adaptation: Mockin..."

Btw The Young Elites is a great book. I agree with you on this one! :)

message 13: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments I'm going to add Wild for a book nomination for non-non-fiction.

message 14: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Non-fiction: popular

message 15: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Annabel wrote: "Non-fiction: popular"

I second that

message 16: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Also, I nominate:
Heir of Fire for best book, best author, best battle/action sequence, best plot twist, best world or plot, best female protagonist, best supporting male character (Rowan), and best cover.
The Assassin's Blade for best short story/novella
Cress for best male lead (Thorne), best female protagonist (Cress or Cinder), best world or plot, best author, best supporting female character (Iko), and best battle/action sequence.
Also, Since You've Been Gone for author and best cover

message 17: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Aria wrote: "Also, I nominate:
Heir of Fire for best book, best author, best battle/action sequence, best plot twist, best world or plot, best female protagonist, best supporting male character (Rowan), and bes..."

Agreed

message 18: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Best book to movie adaptation (along with mockingjay which was already mentioned)
Divergent and TFIOS

message 19: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Rebel Belle: best book and best world or plot
Silver Shadows/bloodlines in general: Best female protagonist (Sydney), best world or plot, best plot twist, and best male protagonist (Adrian)
In the Afterlight: Best author, best cover, best book, best characters in general (lol)

message 20: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Just going to make this clear that you can submit nominees after the first poll has gone up just not for that category.

message 21: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Any new nominees?

message 22: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Yeah! Our first category will probably be best plot twist or possibly best book cover, so make sure to submit for those categories now as one of those polls will be sent out in like 5 days!

message 23: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 10 comments Best Book Cover:
The Iron Trial
Of Sorcery and Snow

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 10 comments Best Plot Twist:
The Iron Trial

message 25: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 10 comments Best Book to Movie Adaptation:
Mockingjay Pt.1

message 26: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 10 comments Srry I commented so many times. I kept thinking of new ones and had already hit post for the previous post.

message 27: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Of course not! I love of these nominees!!!

message 28: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments The first poll is up and running, so please go and vote on the best plot twist this year! Also, remember, we are still accepting (and REALLY wanting), more nominations for the other categories, so please keep commenting or messaging us to let us know your nominations

message 29: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments How/where do you vote?

message 30: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments I just sent out a poll so you should've gotten via email. But if not, then go to our group homepage and click on polls and it should be the first featured poll there

message 31: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments I just got the email, thanks!

message 32: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Great! I'm so glad you voted!

message 33: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments So do all the nominations need to be books released in 2014?

message 34: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Yes

message 35: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments I don't think Rick Yancey or Keira Cass have been nominated for best author yet so I'll add them because they both seem very nice and great writers and tell great stories.

message 36: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments Percy Jackson has been nominated a ton for best male protagonist so I'm trying to think of someone else to nominate so their are more choices...

message 37: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments Best cover- Percy Jackson's Greek gods by Rick Riordan and Ill give you the sun by Jandy Nelson

message 38: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieH4) | 11 comments Best action/fight scene: Poundcake vs. Grace (chapter 49 of the infinite sea by Rick Yancey) a lot of people have no idea what this is but it was definitely intense. Hopefully I'm not the only one who knows how good it is

message 39: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Yes!!! I agree with those!

message 40: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Percy Jackson's Greek Gods had a great cover!

padfoot and pringles (padfootandpringles) | 7 comments I think that revived by Cat Patrick should be nominated for the best cover!

message 43: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 80 comments Best plot twist: the iron trial
Best cover: a thousand pieces of you
Best short story/novellas: fairest, I don't know If this counts or not
Best world: the young elites

message 44: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 80 comments Best book yo movie adaptation: mockingjay pt 1

message 45: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 80 comments Please tell us your nominations and which category it is in.
The categories are:
Best book

Best supporting female character: bee(rebel belle)
Best battle or action scene: the young eleites

We will be sending out polls every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday starting on February 1st with the final poll on the day of the actual Academy Awards.
Happy Readings!

message 46: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 80 comments Sorry for the bottom part, I just copied the first comment. :)

message 47: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Haha! Those are awesome nominations! I'd forgotten about a thousand pieces of you. That has THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COVER EVERRRR

message 48: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments Newest poll is up so go over and vote on your favorite book cover!

message 49: by Annabel, "Annabel is so hot, she makes steam look cool."-Leo Valdez (new)

Annabel (achick1010) | 938 comments Go Vote!

message 50: by Aria, The Founder of The Sisterhood whose heart belongs to books (new)

Aria | 1390 comments The next category, being sent out tomorrow, will be best battle or action scene, so keep nominating for that category in particular! Also, please go vote on Best Book Cover!

« previous 1