/r/Fantasy Discussion Group discussion

2015 Book Club Discussions > February 2015: Nominate for Book Of The Month

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel (deliriumtrigger) | 312 comments Hi guys, it's that time again. We had a very slow discussion in January, which was very disappointing, and I'd like to see things pick back up again for February.

As with always, here are the rules:

1) One vote per person - either a new book nomination, or "seconding" a book
2) Once a book gets a nomination and a "second", it is in the poll
3) Once five books are seconded, the thread will be closed and voting will begin
4) No self-promotion will be tolerated - if we find suspicious activity such as a pile of people signing up just to vote for your book, it will be automatically DQ'd.

Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel (deliriumtrigger) | 312 comments I'm going to nominate the brilliant Scourge Of The Betrayer by Jeff Salyards. It's gritty, dark and an absolute blast.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Wright | 33 comments I nominate The Rook by Daniel O'Malley. Urban fantasy. Hilarious. Must-read.

message 4: by Matt (new)

Matt Hageman I'll nominate the same book I've been wanting to read for awhile The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Looks Amazing.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 34 comments I'll second Scourge of the Betrayer - I didn't think it was brilliant but it had good things going for it.

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie (frankweiler) | 9 comments I'll second The Rook because I've been meaning to read the whole thing for years.

message 7: by Dusty (new)

Dusty Wallace I'll nominate The Worm Ouroboros by E.R. Edison. It's old school.

message 8: by Connor (new)

Connor McCarty I'd like to nominate Malice by John Gwynne I haven't actually read it yet but have heard wonderful things and this is a good way to make myself read it finally.

message 9: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 4 comments I'll second Malice. I bought it a while ago and still mean to read it.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 5 comments I will nominate The Black Company, which I always love to here people's opinion on the book.

message 11: by Eric (last edited Jan 24, 2015 02:16PM) (new)

Eric (koteric) | 10 comments I would like to nominate The Shadow Of What Was Lost. Heard nothing but good things, with comparisons to Robert Jordan's style.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (apsalar) | 1 comments I'll second the Black Company. Ment to read the book for ages now.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael (rabidnewz) Nominate Small Gods by Terry Pratchett.

message 15: by Mark (new)

Mark | 1 comments second small gods- have had it on my to do list for ages and often mentioned as one of the best Discworld.