2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Tampa
This topic is about Tampa
. Week 11: One Word Title > Tampa by Alissa Nutting

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebeccah Giltrow (rebeccah_giltrow) | 76 comments This book is extremely sexually explicit, so only read it if you're not prudish or easily offended. The subject matter of this book makes the reader uncomfortable, but once you get past the disgusting, disturbing nature of it, it is quite a sad book. It will take some time to digest, but I think it's worth a read.

You can see my review here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZDQm...

Jenna (on hiatus Spring 2022) (jennywatts) Rebecca, I agree with your review and recommendation. I think you are right to issue the caveats because it is certainly not for every reader, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone in your assessment!

Jenna (on hiatus Spring 2022) (jennywatts) RebeccaH, sorry for the autocorrect name misspelling! :-)

Rebeccah Giltrow (rebeccah_giltrow) | 76 comments Thanks Jenna. I had the same response from someone else on facebook. They'd read it and found it quite disturbing. I would like to recommend it to more people, but I know that some wouldn't be able to finish it due to the subject matter.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin I read this book last year and found it to be one of those books I could not put down. It was an incredibly uncomfortable subject that the author managed to bring to life in a way that was extremely effective. While there was a significant yuck factor it was also an incredibly sad book that gave insight to this character's longing and isolation. In a word this book was fascinating.

Rebeccah Giltrow (rebeccah_giltrow) | 76 comments I completely agree. I felt so sad for her. There are always reasons for people behaving in a certain way. But you're right, it was so uncomfortable to read but I also couldn't put it down.