2017 Reading Challenge discussion

15/A mystery or thriller > Ghost in the Guacomole by Sue Ann Jaffarian

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (last edited Jan 24, 2015 09:12AM) (new)

Valerie | 280 comments I was turned on to this author via a book a couple of years ago that was free through BoobBub. Her latest here came out on the 6th of January, and I was excited to read it.

I like her characters, and enjoy her plots. They are interesting, and enjoyable, and with the Ghost of her Granny as her assistant, it makes for a nice twist on a murder mystery. Something I like in a cozy mystery novel.

I tend to laugh when I read this authors adventures, and this one was no different. Although the mystery is part of the plot, I find that the journey there, and the relationships are the main draw for me.

If you like cozy mysteries with a paranormal twist, I recommend this author...BUT, I would recommend going back and reading her first book, and moving your way up to this one, as the characters have developed over time, and a new reader may be lost when it comes to the personas and entanglements of some of the secondary characters.

But, if you have read the others, and not gotten this latest one under your belt, you might want to get a copy and read it. I gave it five stars.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Just put the first one of this series on my to read list :)