The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
Group Read Archive 2014-16 > YA Group Read (February 2015) - Paper Towns, by John Green

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye, The Dickens Junkie (new)

Faye | 1415 comments Mod
February's YA Group Read will be Paper Towns by John Green!

Reading and discussion commence on February 1. Please keep spoilers behind spoiler tags.

megan | 916 comments John Green means I will likely be crying at some point.

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam Had anyone else started this? I started it yesterday, I'm 25% through but reserving judgement until I've read a bit more.

Gareth Townsend | 166 comments I've just finished reading another book, so will be starting this later today

message 5: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
Really excited about this!

I will also be reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson this month hopefully, so it will be a month full of John Green!

message 6: by Faye (new)

Faye Mallon | 2 comments Ive read will grayson will grayson and really enjoyed it overall. Will be starting paper towns when i've finished half a king :)

message 7: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam I finished this last night, I'll be interested to hear what other people thought.

Cristal Punnett I've just finished this book, and I have to say I was disappointed, on the plus side to characters were believable, and the dialogue was funny, but the obsession was over the top (view spoiler), this was my first John Green maybe I'll read some of his other books and enjoy them more.

Susan (suzybop) | 90 comments I enjoyed Will Grayson, Will Graysonand An Abundance of Katherines more. There's something missing from Paper Towns but I can't put my finger on it.

message 10: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam For me it was Margos character. I just couldn't figure her out.

Tracey | 916 comments Cristal wrote: "I've just finished this book, and I have to say I was disappointed, on the plus side to characters were believable, and the dialogue was funny, but the obsession was over the top [spoilers removed]..."

Cristal, I agree with you about it being over the top. It was not my favorite John Green novel so perhaps you will enjoy some of his other works more too.

Melissa Coyle | 1557 comments Finished this one this afternoon. The book had a nice flow, but the teenage drama was bit much for me.