Once Upon a Time discussion

Start Here!!! > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (ya_books) | 34 comments Mod
My name is Natalie and I am sixteen years old. I have two Shih Tzu puppies and four cats. I love to read and write and am currently working on a novel that I hope to publish. I love field hockey, even though I don't play on a team. It's nice to meet everyone!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments I'm Hannah. I love anything to do with words and literature! I have two dogs and a cat and love them all to death. I have so many obsessions. I like to run, and I have a thing for cars and trucks and such. I'm sure you'll learn more about me as we go! Yay! XD

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica (misfitlove88) | 4 comments Hello my name is Monica :) I have a min pin. I love to write and read. I keep my stories to myself.

AJ (the.booknerd.reads) (thebooknerdreads) Hi I'm AJ and I don't write stories very often, but I like to write and read a lot

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Thunderstar wrote: "Hi I'm AJ and I don't write stories very often, but I like to write and read a lot"

Nice to meet you and welcome to the group.

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Monica wrote: "Hello my name is Monica :) I have a min pin. I love to write and read. I keep my stories to myself."

Welcome to the group, Monica ;)

message 7: by Belle (new)

Belle | 4 comments Hey Guys, my name is Belle! and i love to read

message 8: by Lee (last edited Jan 25, 2015 06:52PM) (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 138 comments Mod
Hi everyone, i'm Lee-Lette! I write a-lot (but I don't think it's worth reading) and this goes without saying but, i'll say it anyways,I LOVE to read

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments Lee-lette I'm sure your writing is worth reading! Anything anyone writes is worth reading

message 10: by Lee (new)

thank you but I don't think you'd feel the same after reading one of my stories

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments You never know. I love to read people's writings.

message 12: by Lee (new)

I might just take you up on that.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments Yay lol

message 14: by Lee (new)

Wait,no!I just realized you just won!

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments I usually do win XD

message 16: by Lee (new)

Fiddlesticks!

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments Haha my friend says that all the time

message 18: by Lee (new)

Sounds like you have a very smart friend

message 19: by Shania (Batman) (new)

Shania (Batman) | 7 comments My names shania, I have heaps of interests but my passions are literature, cooking and art. I turned 15 this year and I live in Australia, I'm glad there are people here that can read my work and help me improve :).

(Saying these really mature things while blaring my darkest days playlist at twelve thirty at night. I'm such a nice neighbour (; )

message 20: by Shiannna (new)

Shiannna | 2 comments hi my name is shianna and im a girl that loves to just write for the fun of it

message 21: by Monica (new)

Monica (misfitlove88) | 4 comments Thank you :)

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Welcome everyone :)

message 23: by Lee (new)

Hey.

message 24: by Erlyn (new)

Erlyn (18es01) | 6 comments I am Erlyn. I am sixteen years of age and I love anything to do with a pencil, pens, paper and books.

message 25: by Erlyn (new)

Erlyn (18es01) | 6 comments Thanks for the invite Wren.

message 26: by Shiannna (new)

Shiannna | 2 comments welcome

message 27: by Erlyn (new)

Erlyn (18es01) | 6 comments I just joined the group you sent

message 28: by James (new)

James Flamel (a_golden_leaf_in_winter) | 8 comments I found the Introductions, so why not?
Hey, I'm James. I was invited to this group a while ago, but since I rarely check my profile, I didn't see it until recently.

I enjoy writing, and I've tried poetry. My favorite author is Michael Crichton. I hope to improve my writing and read others'.

message 29: by Sahara (new)

Sahara (saharageek) | 5 comments I'm Sam. I've been in this group for a while but I've hardly posted anything till now. I like reading, writing, playing music, and sports. So yea. Nice to meet everybody

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyyo, I'm Uor and I adore literature. I love to write and read but I still have other obsessions such as rock music and drawing. I'm also obsessed with the show supernatural XD

message 31: by Lee (new)

Hello and welcome to the group Uor :) You've come to the right place. Feel free to drop a line in our story and poetry threads. What do you draw? Still life? Or do you prefer using your imagination? That show is awesome, unfortunately, I lost track of it. Anyways, welcome to the group and make yourself at home :D

message 32: by Lee (new)

Sam wrote: "I'm Sam. I've been in this group for a while but I've hardly posted anything till now. I like reading, writing, playing music, and sports. So yea. Nice to meet everybody"

Welcome to the group Sam, I hadn't seen this till now. Continue having fun with us :)

message 33: by Lee (new)

James of Schiaparelli wrote: "I found the Introductions, so why not?
Hey, I'm James. I was invited to this group a while ago, but since I rarely check my profile, I didn't see it until recently.

I enjoy writing, and I've tried..."

Welcome to the group James :) No problem.

Well, I hope to read some of your writing and i'm sure you'll find many here who are will to share and work with you :) Make yourself at home :D

message 34: by Danny (last edited Mar 31, 2016 05:48PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) Greetings in the name of Jesus!
My name is Danny. I'm a best-selling Christian author (no I'm not ). I wrote a best-selling Christian book ( no that's not true either). Well, I'm not famous, but I did write a book for Christians and others going through hard times. I do not have a PHD, accolades, drop names, or rub elbows with famous people. My only fame lies not in not what I am, but who I am.

I am a son of a King, a husband of a wonderful wife for 47 years, and a proud father of four equally wonderful children. My life has been blessed more than I ever deserved, but it has not been without storms. Christians are not exempt from suffering and trials, it is through these times we grow in patience, character, and faith. If you have gone through trials, and I know that includes all of us, you might consider reading this poignant book. If you like to read a story of just rainbows and butterflies, you need not read any further, you will not enjoy this book.

Anyone still here? For those who enjoy reading a true story in a world that is sometimes cruel, unforgiving, and just plain not fair, bingo! But then, who promised it would be? As Christians, we take the good and the bad together, and we praise God. Job in his Biblical story probably said it best, " Are we to accept from the hand of God only good and not trouble?"

I Will Praise You in the Storm: The Story of Stephen and Holly Deaubé, a Journey of Faith
See what others thought:
http://www.amazon.com/Will-Praise-You...

message 35: by Lee (new)

Hi Danny!! Welcome to the group :) Wow, a famous author! *shuffles to hide my own work* Lol! Welcome again, make yourself at home and feel free to jump into the activities.

message 36: by Danny (last edited Mar 31, 2016 06:12PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) Lee-lette wrote: "Hi Danny!! Welcome to the group :) Wow, a famous author! *shuffles to hide my own work* Lol! Welcome again, make yourself at home and feel free to jump into the activities."

Hardly ;)

message 37: by Lee (new)

:D

message 38: by Lee (new)

*looks around the empty room*

message 39: by Janessa (new)

Janessa *Walks into the quiet, empty room*

message 40: by Lee (new)

*backs out of room slowly and bumps into someone, screams*

message 41: by Janessa (new)

Janessa Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you.

message 42: by Lee (new)

Whew! it's just you. Hey Nessa. How've you been?

message 43: by Janessa (new)

Janessa I've been good, well ok is more like it.

message 44: by Lee (new)

At least you aren't bad, right?

message 45: by Janessa (new)

Janessa No, not bad. Just this semester I'm taking intro to linguistics, and I find it a bit of struggle. Then I got some bad news involving my cat.

message 46: by Lee (new)

Oh, okay. Well from a tender age, it was instilled in me that the harder something is to conquer, the more meaningful getting through it will mean to you. You can do it Janessa :)
I'm sorry to hear that, i hope everything works out.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Hi! I'm Sushie!
I saw this book while searching for writing groups and got s o e x c I t e d ! I hope it's still active XD
I'm working on three writing projects and would love to be in a group like this.