Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > New Author needed

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I added 2 books Racing Dreams & Dawn & the Fairies to Mary Lascelles books. The correct author is Mary Diane Lascelles

Born in Brighton,England 11/7/1939.Died 7/10/2014.
Genre:Horse verse and Children's adventures.
About this author: Mary Lascelles with her illustrator Jacquie Jones have produced a classic collection of Children's Equine and Adventure books.Mary lived on The Lizard in Cornwall and Jacquie Jones is based in Newmarket, the headquarters of horse racing in England.
Mary has spent her life with horses and ponies and is a passionate defender of animals and a supporter of all conservation.
jacquie Jones brings her inimitable interpretation to the illustrations.
Her web site is: http://www.marylascelles.co.uk/about

Could someone please create the author profiles & move the books correctly? I'll try to get Jacquie's info & more on the other 4 books they wrote together plus author pictures. TTIA

message 2: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5196 comments author description added...
didn't change the name, because that's what on the book cover said...

message 3: by Jim (last edited Jan 24, 2015 05:25AM) (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Thank you, bu I would have done that except it's not the right author. That description needs to be pulled. The Mary Lascelles that wrote "Racing Dreams" is not the one that wrote the books about Jane Austen & Shakespeare's Measure for Measure. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I'm not a very good librarian, but know we're supposed to use the name on the cover. Mary Diane Lascelles is what her son (I think) sent me as her full name. That's why I wanted someone else to do this to create the name correctly. I wasn't sure whether to put the 'Diane' in for this one or to add a space. If the latter, isn't there a list that needs updating?

message 4: by free (last edited Jan 24, 2015 06:01AM) (new)

free (frdn) | 5196 comments can you tell me which books belong to this Mary Lascelles?

I moved those books to Mary[2spaces]Lascelles
Mary Lascelles

are these books belong to her too?
Cornish Summer by Mary Lascelles Smuggler's Cove by Mary Lascelles

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Thank you. I do not know about the 2 books. They're not on the web site, so I'll ask her son.

message 6: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5196 comments Actually those two books are on her website...

"Latest News: Our titles soon to be available as e-books…
Five new books by Mary are about to become e-books and will be available to all i-book access.
The five books will be:
Jimmy and the Pirates ( now available on Kindle)
Smugglers cove
Cornish Summer
Stolen Ponies
Moondancer
Jimmy and the Pirates: A young boy stows away in Plymouth and goes to sea.
Smugglers Cove: a modern day tale of smuggling with young children involved.
Cornish Summer: An exciting children's adventure involving horses, ponies, kidnappers and Tall Ships.
Stolen Ponies: A children's story about horses and ponies in Cornwall.
Moon Dancer: A gripping equine thriller for Adults."

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Using a middle name to disambiguate is fine, and if the request came from her son, that's sufficient (since she is no longer able to let us know her preference). Edited to Mary Diane Lascelles.