Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) Breathe discussion

the bitch stops here!!!!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

SB*needs low angst books* Okay, I love the book Breathe by Kristen Ashley. I mean love it. Alpha male who is hot and protective and a heroine who is not a bitch. Sweet, smart, and can be strong without it being bitchy or ignorant. Can anyone please suggest books with a heroine like this she can be shy, sweet, vulnerable, or a damsel in distress. What she cannot be is a bitch please!!! Thank you for your assistance:)

Dvcbunny Sbyrd64 wrote: "Okay, I love the book Breathe by Kristen Ashley. I mean love it. Alpha male who is hot and protective and a heroine who is not a bitch. Sweet, smart, and can be strong without it being bitchy or ig..."

If you like Kristen Ashely have you tried Law Man (Dream Man, #3) by Kristen Ashley ?

SB*needs low angst books* Dvcbunny wrote: "Sbyrd64 wrote: "Okay, I love the book Breathe by Kristen Ashley. I mean love it. Alpha male who is hot and protective and a heroine who is not a bitch. Sweet, smart, and can be strong without it be..."

Yes!! It was a good book too!

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ You also might try Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis . It's the first book in the series, but the heroine is so quiet she's been nicknamed "Mouse." It's a lighter read that KA's books, but the steam factor and humor is still there. It's one of my favorite Contemporary books.

Annette Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader" I'm a Kristen Ashley devotee, and I don't think any of the heroines are bitchy. Most of them don't take any nonsense from their Alpha Male, but I don't consider that bitchy, just backbone...

Renee Brammah Sbyrd64 wrote: "Okay, I love the book Breathe by Kristen Ashley. I mean love it. Alpha male who is hot and protective and a heroine who is not a bitch. Sweet, smart, and can be strong without it being bitchy or ig..."

Try "Corp Security" by Harper Sloan, this has all of what your looking for and more. Enjoy!

SB*needs low angst books* Thank you Renee! Got to try this!!

message 8: by Allison (new) - added it

Allison I don't think i've read many books that the main heroine is a bitch i've read a few where the guy starts our with a bitchy woman but if you look at the readers also enjoyed list on the right hand side of the screen click on it to go to a new page and it will come up with similar books. and you can find more similar books from the same tab on the page of the new book you select.
Good luck.

message 9: by Allegria (last edited Feb 13, 2015 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Allegria I liked Assumption and Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds. They remind me of KA Dream Man series. In these books the heroines r vulnerable cuz they have tough pasts but they're strong and unapologetic. Guys r alphas w/ a heart.

Kristin Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series is pretty awesome. Normally, I have to ignore traits in the lead female that irritate me. But in Reid's series, it was the women I fell in love with. (It doesn't hurt that their guys are hot, successful and mostly alpha). The best part is that each couple is distinct. They have different jobs, interests and tastes, (and even a few secrets along the way) but they are all strong, funny, independent women who each find their match, which instead of being a cookie cutter remash of the original "hero" tend to be their own man who just happens to be perfect for the woman in each book.

Honestly, KA is pretty unique in her balancing of alpha male/ independent woman match ups. Even when I don't care for an aspect of a particular book or character, I still enjoy the read and look forward to more from her. I'm not a 'girly girl' and too many descriptions of outfits, shoes or other stereotypical girl stuff tends to lose my interest. But with KA there's so much action and plot events that I really don't mind it when she goes there. With her it feels authentic to the character and not an obsession on the authors part. Also she includes sex without getting gross or lingering on the "action" too long. And she isn't stuck on one age group. Some of her best stories are about older couples. So I'd check out more of her stuff if you haven't checked them all out.