Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
This topic is about Fifty Shades of Grey
Movies/TV/Music > 50 Shades of Grey Movie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay, since it's only a few weeks away till the movie is released. Who's excited to watch it. I know the Soundtrack is sounding fabulous and here are just a few clips for you to wet your appetite.

Earned It by The Weekend - very HOT HOT HOT
http://www.kiis1065.com.au/entertainm...

Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding
http://music-mix.ew.com/2015/01/23/fi...

message 2: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv | 31 comments Haryeth wrote: "heard both and loved both.. and the earned it video was totally hot.. dakota was tied up! oh my gosh!"

nothing more to add to that.. totally agree. I love both.
the video from The Weekend is nice, I just wish there would have been more.. eg. some scenes from the movie...

I actually liked that we are being too spoilt with scenes from the movie ... Makes me more excited to watch it lol

Bella | 14 comments I'm the opposite. Trying not to watch anything before we go!

Kelly Elise | 188 comments I want to see it... but have ZERO desire to see it in theatres. I feel like that would be super awkward!

Tasha | 207 comments I absolutely hated the book, think Christian is a wanker, but my best friend is begging me to go, and she's offered to buy my ticket and popcorn. It will probably be really awkward, especially as I seem to be at least 10 years younger than most people that like it... I still have a few days to come up with an excuse though

Kelly wrote: "I want to see it... but have ZERO desire to see it in theatres. I feel like that would be super awkward!"

I actually did not feel awkward at all. The scenes were very tastefully done.

Tasha wrote: "I absolutely hated the book, think Christian is a wanker, but my best friend is begging me to go, and she's offered to buy my ticket and popcorn. It will probably be really awkward, especially as I..."

I actually found myself laughing throughout the most of the movie. It was a fun night out for me.

message 9: by Liv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liv | 31 comments I heard so many bad things about the movie that I tried to have no expectations. I didn't want to compare it with the books in every tiny Detail. I have to say that the movie was nice but the Problem for me was that it felt like there was no script for the movie. It seemed that they just took some parts of the book and filmed those. It was like a few pages of the book coming to life on Screen. And I missed the Connections in between. For a movie - without having read the books - it was not so good to follow the Story. What Story?! They meet and have sex.. kinda like felt this way... but since I did read the books, I loved the Scenes. But like I said, it's not like a Story been told, more like some bit's and pieces thrown at you. I enjoyed it anyway.
Oh and I have to mention that I was really surprised how amazing Dakota played. I underestimated her. Jamie was hot all the way, we knew that already. (even though I missed Christian Greys captivating presence most of the time)

Penni | 167 comments I have to agree Liv about the fact that it felt like a lot scenes filmed but not the connection. If I hadn't been filling the blanks from what I read of the books, I would have come away with a whole different story.

message 11: by Beatrice (last edited Feb 15, 2015 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Fifty Shades might not be my favorite erotica novel, I've watched the movie last Wednesday (premiere) and I must say that it's faithful on the book. Some scenes were left out but the highlights on the book were there.

I pretty much like Anastasia Steele movie version because there's no annoying inner goddess and kudos to Dakota Johnson. I'm impressed, she really is Ana Steele. She really looks damn innocent. (unlike in the book.) Plus, Jamie Dornan is f*cking sexy. He got the passive look of CG however, he wasn't as agressive as it is on the book.

More Christian Grey please. The blurred/black covered parts kinda makes me feel like ... meh. what's the damn rating for?

The soundtrack gave me an eargasm. damn. I can't stop listening to it. I really love "Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Goulding, "Haunted" by Beyonce and "I Know You" by Skylar Grey

My sentiments exactly. If you haven't read the books, then you wouldn't understand the connection between Ana and Fifty and the story.