Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Week 5: 26th January-1st February

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 24, 2015 01:50AM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay, it took us 2 weeks to cover the 4 topics to catch up, so now we are officially on track. We will be covering 1 topic per week now, which means we are officially on to Week 5 of the challenge.

The topic for this week is:

5. a book with a number in the title

Note: This can be either numerical e.g. 19, 1 etc or the non-numerical e.g. thousand, one hundred etc.

Guidelines:

* You must read and review at least 1 book per topic or more and of any genre.
* REMEMBER to sign up on the home page and name your folder, WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Week 5
* ADD the link to your folder in the weekly discussion/topic thread…https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...
* Don't forget to have fun!

Challenge will begin Monday 26th January and End Sunday 1st February

message 2: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 24, 2015 01:50AM) (new)

I've decided to read A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray by Claudia Gray

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Jan 28, 2015 06:50PM) (new)

message 4: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm going to read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline because I've had this one in my tbr forever and I've been wanting to read it for just as long LOL! I hope it's as good as it looks.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I have had that one on my TBR also Belkis. Let me know how it is.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Im going with Fallen Fourth Down (Fallen Crest High, #4) by Tijan

message 7: by Charlie (last edited Jan 25, 2015 07:31AM) (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments Think I'm either goingt to read Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot or First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones , not sure yet. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 8: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Charlie wrote: "Think I'm either goingt to read Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot or First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones, not sure yet. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list......"

Love the Charley Davidson series Charlie, it hilarious :)

message 9: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "I have had that one on my TBR also Belkis. Let me know how it is."

Will do :)

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments So many to choose from: Seven Weeks to Forever (A Love Story) by Jennifer Farwell Seven Day Fiance by Rachel Harris Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway Six Months (Seven, #2) by Dannika Dark The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey and more, but I think I'll decide between these ones in a few days.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Or The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson is out in a couple days! So excited for this one.

message 12: by Savannah (last edited Jan 25, 2015 11:42AM) (new)

Savannah | 312 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I've decided to go with The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler . It's cute and quick, which is good since I still have my January book and my R4R to finish up! :-)

message 13: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "OrThe Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginsonis out in a couple days! So excited for this one."

This one does look very good Sara

message 14: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) I'm going with Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice . Me and Stephanie are going to buddy read it. Also I've had it on the old kindle for awhile now. Plus I have read other things by Morgan Rice and loved them.

message 15: by Sylvia (new)

Justine wrote: "I'm going with Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice. Me and Stephanie are going to buddy read it. Also I've had it on the old kindle for awhile now. Plus I have read other things by [author:Morgan Rice|4..."

I really enjoyed this book

message 16: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "I'm going with Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice. Me and Stephanie are going to buddy read it. Also I've had it on the old kindle for awhile now. Plus I have read other things by [auth..."

I kind of skimmed your review haha so I'm thinking we will like it too ;)

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 45 comments I'm excited for this week I have been putting off Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice for a long time and this gives me a reason to finally gt it done :)

message 18: by Sylvia (new)

Justine wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "I'm going with Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice. Me and Stephanie are going to buddy read it. Also I've had it on the old kindle for awhile now. Plus I have read other..."

I re-read my review to remind myself of how much I liked it lol I remember thinking I was quiet surprised at how much I really did enjoy reading the book

message 19: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaev) | 57 comments Do words like First, Second etc count? As in First Visions?

message 20: by Savannah (last edited Jan 26, 2015 09:08AM) (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Renae wrote: "Do words like First, Second etc count? As in First Visions?"

I'm reading The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler which has the word "thirteenth" in it and Sylvia said that that was okay. :-)

message 21: by Sylvia (new)

Renae wrote: "Do words like First, Second etc count? As in First Visions?"

Can be either words or actual numbers

message 22: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I'm going for inspirational with 8 Reasons Your Life Matters
Here's my link: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 24: by Laken (new)

Laken | 26 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher . I picked it up at the library at lunch time today, and I just finished it. It's a quick read, for those of you looking for "a book you can read in a day". I'm gonna have to sleep on it before I can rate and review it, though. It's already way past my bed time.

message 25: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) Just finished Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice and I really liked it. My only issue is book two is half the size and $4.99 for an eBook :0 GONNA check at the library and see if maybe I can get it there.

message 26: by Sylvia (new)

Justine wrote: "Just finished Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice and I really liked it. My only issue is book two is half the size and $4.99 for an eBook :0 GONNA check at the library and see if maybe I can get it there."

It's been a while since I read this and haven't even noticed that book 2 was out lol

message 27: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments Belkis wrote: Love the Charley Davidson series Charlie, it hilarious :)

I started the Charlie Davidson book this morning, it's brilliant! She is absolutely hilarious.

message 28: by Penni (new)

Penni | 167 comments I love the humor in those books. One of my favorite series.

message 29: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Charlie wrote: "Belkis wrote: Love the Charley Davidson series Charlie, it hilarious :)

I started the Charlie Davidson book this morning, it's brilliant! She is absolutely hilarious."

Who writes those?

message 30: by Penni (new)

Penni | 167 comments Darynda Jones

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

message 31: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Penni wrote: "Darynda Jones

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones"

Thank Penni! I added it; it looks really good! :-)

message 32: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments It really is! I'm reading a few different things at the moment so I keep switching between books but I read the first 100 pages of this all in one go this morning, I didn't want to put it down.

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Charlie wrote: "It really is! I'm reading a few different things at the moment so I keep switching between books but I read the first 100 pages of this all in one go this morning, I didn't want to put it down."

The guys in this group love that series. I can't get interested in it for some reason but glad you are loving it.

message 34: by Sylvia (new)

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray is starting off real slow for me so I'm not sure if I'll keep reading it or pick something else up for the challenge. I've had First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones forever so I might pick that up *shrugs*

message 35: by Tracy (new)

I'm about to finish 314 by A.R. Wise . It's OK but had a lot of potential that I'm really not seeing. It was a freebie so that is good but I really wanted to love this one.

message 36: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "I'm about to finish 314 by A.R. Wise. It's OK but had a lot of potential that I'm really not seeing. It was a freebie so that is good but I really wanted to love this one."

Guess we can't love them all

message 37: by Tracy (new)

No Sylvia, we can't. That's OK though. It isn't horrible but it's not great either. I did however just finish a fantastic one. The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre was fabulous.

message 38: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "No Sylvia, we can't. That's OK though. It isn't horrible but it's not great either. I did however just finish a fantastic one. The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre was fabulous."

I saw that you loved this book! I think my sister in law read this and loved it too

message 39: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaev) | 57 comments Justine wrote: "Just finished Arena One (The Survival Trilogy, #1) by Morgan Rice and I really liked it. My only issue is book two is half the size and $4.99 for an eBook :0 GONNA check at the library and see if maybe I can get it there."

This was actually on my TBR list, and found free for my Kindle. I liked it, but I def didnt love it. I think I was expecting something like Divergent, and it doesn't live up to that.
Agree that its a read in one day book though

message 40: by Sylvia (new)

Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading Infinity + One by Amy Harmon

message 41: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray is starting off real slow for me so I'm not sure if I'll keep reading it or pick something else up for the challenge. I've had [bookcover:First Grave o..."

Oh Charlie Davidson is really good Sylvia.

message 42: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading Infinity + One by Amy Harmon"

OMG I+O is AMAZING! But then again it's Amy Harmon so of course it has to be. You're going to love it :)

message 43: by Sylvia (new)

Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray is starting off real slow for me so I'm not sure if I'll keep reading it or pick something else up for the challenge. I've had [bookcov..."

Hoping to get stuck into that too

message 44: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Penni wrote: "I love the humor in those books. One of my favorite series."

I love love CD too. It hilarious:D

message 45: by Sylvia (new)

Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading Infinity + One by Amy Harmon"
..."

So far so good :D kindle died and needs charging so I will continue tomorrow

message 46: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Sylvia wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading [bookcover:Infinity + ..."

I think Infinity was my first Amy Harmon book. So SO Good!

message 47: by Sylvia (new)

Sara wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading [bookc..."

Have had it for ages and glad I decided to read it

message 48: by Tracy (new)

Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading Infinity + One by Amy Harmon"

Liked Infinity + One Sylvia. Sorry you weren't liking your other book.

message 49: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Decided to stop reading A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray as I couldn't get into it (maybe try at a later date) and started reading Infinity + One by Amy Harmon"
..."

Like you, I need to be in the mood so no biggy hun.

message 50: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Finished The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson and really enjoyed it. Glad i picked it fir the number.

« previous 1