2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Kathryn's Reading Challange - 25 books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (last edited Jul 05, 2015 04:51AM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments My goal is to read 25 books this year. I have a bookcase full of books I haven't read and I plan to read them this year, plus anything else I feel like.

Completed:
Jan 27th - The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan
Jan 30th - The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan
Mar 3rd - The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan
Apr --- - Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer
Apr --- - Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Apr 30th - Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee
May 19th - A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes, #1) by Arthur Conan Doyle
Jun 28th - The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan
Jul 4th - The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan
Jul 5th - Doctor Who Peacemaker by James Swallow

message 2: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6296 comments Good luck with your goal! Happy reading!

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments What are you reading right now Kathryn?

message 4: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 27, 2015 10:23PM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Jodi wrote: "What are you reading right now Kathryn?"

I just finished 'The lightning thief' by Rick Riordan.
I have had it sitting around half read for about 6 months now. It's about time I finished it. About to start the second one.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Megan wrote: "Good luck with your goal! Happy reading!"

Thank you!!

message 6: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 27, 2015 10:22PM) (new)

message 7: by Kathryn (last edited May 01, 2015 11:21PM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments The Sea of Monsters

Fun to read.

message 8: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Oh no, I haven't been keeping up with my reading to well... Going to try harder this month.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Things have been pretty crazy. I just moved house so not much time to read.

message 10: by Kathryn (last edited May 01, 2015 11:20PM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Fangirl

Very good book. I think teens and young adults would like it. It was easy to follow and understand but had enough to keep you wanted to read more.

message 11: by Kathryn (last edited May 01, 2015 11:20PM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Artemis Fowl

This was ok. A good book for teens.

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Moving is hard work and it definitely makes reading difficult. I'm sure you'll be able to get some reading in when things settle down.

message 13: by Kathryn (last edited May 01, 2015 11:19PM) (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Very good read. Nice and easy but very interesting at the same time

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Cassandra wrote: "Moving is hard work and it definitely makes reading difficult. I'm sure you'll be able to get some reading in when things settle down."

Yes now that things are getting back to normal, I am finding it fun to read to help relax and forget about the craziness of moving.

message 16: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Finished: The battle of the labyrinth by Rick Riordan.

message 17: by Kathryn (last edited Jul 04, 2015 04:07AM) (new)

message 18: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments Doctor Who Peacemaker by James Swallow

All done.

message 19: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments oh dear its been a very long time since i finished anything.

Doctor Who Revenge of the Judoon by Terrance Dicks

message 20: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I'm sorry to hear you've been in a reading slump, but hopefully 2016 will be better. :)

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments I very much hope so. my tbr pile is growing to big for my bookcase!

message 22: by Bella (new)

Bella | 193 comments Kathryn wrote: "I very much hope so. my tbr pile is growing to big for my bookcase!"

You need to get another bookcase so you can continue to buy books! And when you run out of wall space for them, well, any flat surface that's empty is great for stacking up piles of books. After all, what looks better on the coffee table- a vase or stacks of books. (Yes, that's really what my house looks like.)

message 23: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 49 comments great ideas. there is always ways to find room for books. I could also stop buying them for a while, but we all know that's never gonna happen.