Malaysian Reads discussion

General Discussion > National Readathon Day (Malaysia Edition!)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hajar Y, (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) | 126 comments Mod

The moment I saw the announcement few days ago, I've been thinking about how exciting it would be to have the same event organised in Malaysia.

So, in the spirit of the National Readathon Day, why don't we all share the book(s) that we hope (and determine!) to finish within this weekend? You can share pictures, quotes or even your general thoughts on the book you're reading.

message 2: by Hajar Y, (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) | 126 comments Mod
Hope to finish : Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

A highly imaginative travelling story; but in the midst of all the fun stuffs, lies some biting commentaries on human nature, which--surprisingly--are still relevant to today's world. I still have about 30% more to go, so I hope I'll be able to finish it this weekend.

Great Quote: Difference in opinions has cost many millions of lives: for instance, whether flesh be bread, or bread be flesh; whether the juice of a certain berry be blood or wine.

message 3: by Ayana (new)

Ayana (ayanaahmad) | 16 comments I hope to finish The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend this weekend. I've been reading its reviews and rating since I saw this as one of the movie adaptation that will be coming out this year. Though the reviews were on the mix side, the trailer for the movie is awesome and absolutely hilarious! It makes me excited to see the movie! ;) So, I thought why not read the book first? :)

message 4: by warhawke, The Dark One (new)

warhawke | 249 comments Mod
I just finished this book:
(Click image to go to its page)

It was a requested review, probably not something I would pick up on my own. It’s NA romance. I usually go for a darker read. The characters were entertaining enough to make up to the somewhat slow pace.

I'll share my teaser here

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne F (ilaanne) | 86 comments I started The Book of Life yesterday so yerppp :)